CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World 4 | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

Watched the Creator the Other night. Bleh. Great visuals and SFX but what a blah nothing burger of a  movie otherwise. I hope David Koepp has delivered a great script for this.  Scarlett is good choice for the human lead. I can't see her doing if there is nothing on the page for her to do. 

• Like 1

I know it’s almost a decade old now but I still can’t believe what a case of blue balls Jurassic World was. Your entire gimmick is the park being open to the public and you end up showing barely 5 minutes of the guests being terrorised en masse. Extras are expensive I suppose.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4

On 3/9/2024 at 8:59 AM, John Marston said:

I will always go to bat for the first Jurassic World. I think it's a good blockbuster that does a good job expanding the series. The following 2 movies though have so many dumb elements and introduce things that just don't make any sense. 

I agree.

COme to think of it, the two JP sequels  were not exacly all that great either.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:05 PM, emoviefan said:

Watched the Creator the Other night. Bleh. Great visuals and SFX but what a blah nothing burger of a  movie otherwise. I hope David Koepp has delivered a great script for this.  Scarlett is good choice for the human lead. I can't see her doing if there is nothing on the page for her to do. 

Problme is that with Keopp you never know what you aregetting. He was written some great sceipts....but a few lousy ones as well.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Interesting. Though for me, ScarJo ist just ... a bit of a random pick? Though i will certainly not complain, like at all.

She's clearly comfortable with genre fare at this point, and seems to have a solid relationship with Universal (Lucy, the Sing movies, Focus-released Asteroid City). Can't blame her for securing the nice paycheck, especially when she's turning the dreaded-for-an-actress age of 40 this year.

So they are clearly looking for a big name actress to lead this film. Why? I don’t know. Because the dinosaurs are the selling point. But I guess it’s an easy paycheck at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

If anything can make this film more interesting, it’s Scar Jo.

One of the most popular actresses in the past 10 years who has had lead roles in multiple blockbusters? Would be far more interesting if they got a new face.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

One of the most popular actresses in the past 10 years who has had lead roles in multiple blockbusters? Would be far more interesting if they got a new face.

I would make a Timothee joke, but even I don't want him in this lmao

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, blockbusters are typically more interesting with interesting, popular actors.

Scarlet is an interesting, fantastic actress.