CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World 4 | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

If the script is ready and they already know everything they want to shoot etc., thats still enough time.

Now, what i would worry more about is the quality of the script

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why they're so dead set on this happening next year

Probably because Universal lacks a big tentpole in 2025 and Jurassic World is one of the few remaining franchises with big potential that they have.

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Probably because Universal lacks a big tentpole in 2025 and Jurassic World is one of the few remaining franchises with big potential that they have.

And as the last few movies have proved you can have terrible scripts and still make a billion. You know it's true.  But hiring David Koepp is def a improvement over whatever Colin shit out. And the rumors being that Spielberg will be much more involved this time should only help.I think Edwards is a good choice but man it would be great to have Steven crack one of these out again. That one last blockbuster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

And as the last few movies have proved you can have terrible scripts and still make a billion. You know it's true.  But hiring David Koepp is def a improvement over whatever Colin shit out. And the rumors being that Spielberg will be much more involved this time should only help.I think Edwards is a good choice but man it would be great to have Steven crack one of these out again. That one last blockbuster. 

Mind you, i want to have faith in this, im one of the biggest Jurassic Park fanboys there is (probably). But like others have said, fast-tracking such a movie could potentially result in another messy film and i just hope that this wont be the case.

And yes, i would die for another Spielberg JP movie.

Colin wasn't even Jurassic Park fan, he didn't watch a single Jurassic Park movie when he signed up to write and direct Jurassic World, he cynically used it as a vehicle to get a big boost for his career in Hollywood. Truth to be told, he got what he wanted. But not a single person with at least some talent would've made choices he made if he had an attachment to Spielberg's movie.

• Astonished 1

10 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why they're so dead set on this happening next year

Money. Uni does not have a big blockbuster for the summer of 2025.

Even the last jP movie, badly flawed as it was, made a lot of money for Uninversal. If there is anything that is sure bet, it is a JP movie, evenif the script is not very good. Just have Dinos chase people and fannies will be in the seats.

As for David Koepp you never know wha tyou are going to get. He has written some very good scripts but also some pretty bad ones.

Edited by dudalb

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Not gonna lie, this sounds like one of those Jurassic Park trash rip-offs like Jurassic Shark, but ... yeah.

Hype!

I'm so in for a skilled craftsman like Edwards making a real schlock blockbuster out of a premise that sounds like that kinda trash. And boy is Jurassic Shark trash.

Glen Powell would be too safe of a choice for this after Top Gun and Twisters unless his goal really is to become the next Chris Pratt (whose filmography since 2016 is almost entirely made up of his two big franchises and animated movies). 

Would roll my eyes and say "get that big payday!" at the same time if this is how they plan to keep Jonathan Bailey in the Universal business beyond Wicked. Definitely too talented to be playing the human anchor to dinosaur chaos.

On 2/27/2024 at 6:14 AM, Brainbug said:

If the script is ready and they already know everything they want to shoot etc., thats still enough time.

Now, what i would worry more about is the quality of the script

They didnt worry about the quality of the script for the past 5 movies

Edited by JimmyB

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Glen Powell would be too safe of a choice for this after Top Gun and Twisters unless his goal really is to become the next Chris Pratt (whose filmography since 2016 is almost entirely made up of his two big franchises and animated movies). 

Would roll my eyes and say "get that big payday!" at the same time if this is how they plan to keep Jonathan Bailey in the Universal business beyond Wicked. Definitely too talented to be playing the human anchor to dinosaur chaos.

I am not conviced that Powell is a draw yet. Let's see him have a sucessful movie where he is the star (not the case in Maverick)  and in which he is the selling point, not the concept *as si the case in Twisters>

7 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

They didnt worry about the quality off the script for the past 5 movies

If they cared about a quality sceipt they would not be rushing this into production.

Sad fact is they know they don't need a decent script for this to make money.

• Like 1