Porthos

Dune 2 Opening Weekend Thread [3/01/24 -3/03/24] [82.5m DOM OW]

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, I like that minimum:)...to be honest, my area has been rocking all day today...but the main college in the area started Spring Break this weekend, so I don't know how much is "college friends got off class early" and how much is this doing REALLY well today.  I'm inclined to think the former, but who the heck knows til we get numbers:)...

I just would like a really, really big weekend...it's been awhile...and one that shocks after previews to the upside would be the cherry on top...  

With 80% of the audience being over 25 doesn't seem like this college Bros movie to be honest.😅 

The positive part is an adult audience should bring to a good saturday increase anyways.

Edited by vale9001

$75-80M+ give or take...this is almost therapeutic compared to Dune Part 1 OW when we were grinding our teeth if it even gets over $40M and if we ever see Part 2 (I'm still waiting for my Ralph Bakshi's LOTR part 2).

Now I can just relax and wait for Dune Messiah to arrive.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, toutvabien said:

Wild that we really haven't had an opening like this since July. $70-75M would be right in line with what I was hoping for this. It also doesn't rule out a possible $200M run. Let's gooooo.

Taylor Swift and Five Nights At Freddy’s would have something to say about that 

• Haha 1

32-33 would very good cause saturday and sunday holds should be good when It's a 3 hours movie with 80% of over 25.

Imo would bring easily to 75+ and near to 80. With still a hope for something more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, $12M is much better:).

Big numbers are still possible...

PS - College spring breaks are aplenty next week, so expect Sunday to not be as big a drop as normal...

Will be curious to see if that really moves the needle much, college spring breaks are very staggered (there are a small number that have even been in break this last week. It nuts to me to have spring break in February), a larger number have break staring today but even more have them later in March into early April (the week with the largest number of colleges going on break are those that begin next Friday I believe). On top of it only being a portion of colleges, the opening night demos showed this is not necessarily a big college age film with most the audience being over 25.

Super solid CS, considering is not exactly a light fun movie.

I’m confident in at least 200M DOM, even with 75M OW.

First movie had a 2.64x despite day-and-date. Of course this is a sequel, but i expect similar or slightly better legs simply because this time it’s theatrical only while Dune 1 legs was hurted. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Super solid CS, considering is not exactly a light fun movie.

I’m confident in at least 200M DOM, even with 75M OW.

First movie had a 2.64x despite day-and-date. Of course this is a sequel, but i expect similar or slightly better legs simply because this time it’s theatrical only while Dune 1 legs was hurted. 

Also there really does seem to be a very considerable demand for PLF's (more than Part 1 IMO) which might help bolster weeks 1-3. With an $80M wknd, I could see $170M+ by end of week 3. 

• Like 1