kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

My day was just a bit ruined since ive learned that all the cinemas around me will only show GxK in 3D.

Man i HATE 3D so much

• Sad 2
  • ...wtf 2

7 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Even though I liked Godzilla VS Kong (haven’t seen the new one) I would like to see Wingard return to his low budget genre roots some day. But with Thundercats, Face/Off and Event Horizon that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

The Guest 2 needs to happen!

Ah. Event Horizon, what a fascinating little film. It was a huge bomb in the theater (making only 47M worldwide on a 60M budget) but apparently was so huge on video and DVD it made all its money back to the point where Paramount contacted Paul W.S. Anderson about making a director's cut but were unable to because the deleted footage was stored in a Transylvanian salt mine and degraded. 

4 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I have a soft spot for 2 because it was the first one I watched in cinemas (too young for the first), but in all honesty you're right.

I found 2016 to be pretty bad, but closer to an actual Ghostbusters movie than the annoying nostalgia-fest that GBA was. Haven't seen Frozen Empire.

yeah I will give 2 a pass because Vigo the Carpathian, Peter MacNicol, and some individual good scenes (I sometimes forget the Titanic scene is from 2 and not 1)

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The Guest 2 needs to happen!

Ah. Event Horizon, what a fascinating little film. It was a huge bomb in the theater (making only 47M worldwide on a 60M budget) but apparently was so huge on video and DVD it made all its money back to the point where Paramount contacted Paul W.S. Anderson about making a director's cut but were unable to because the deleted footage was stored in a Transylvanian salt mine and degraded. 

yeah I will give 2 a pass because Vigo the Carpathian, Peter MacNicol, and some individual good scenes (I sometimes forget the Titanic scene is from 2 and not 1)

I hadn’t seen Event Horizon until last year or so, and enjoyed it. I love some of those 90s sci-fi/horrors. 

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

My day was just a bit ruined since ive learned that all the cinemas around me will only show GxK in 3D.

Man i HATE 3D so much

What year is it, 2010?? Sorry to hear that. Thankfully 3D has basically died in my area. 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What year is it, 2010?? Sorry to hear that. Thankfully 3D has basically died in my area. 

Well it is in Germany so I guess it's different there.

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The last big 3D format I saw cinema put on was ATOW. Since then, they are pretty much gone. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well it is in Germany so I guess it's different there.

Yes, its gotten better in the last few years, but many action-heavy movies still are mostly shown in 3D (atleast in my area here). I actually think its one big reason why german moviegoing is steadily declining, beeing basically forced to watch movies in 3D if you doesnt want that is not ... good.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

In India 3d is a rage, i personally don't like it but if i want to watch movies with crowd then i have to go to 3d show.

Plus all premium formats like IMAX and 4dx are in 3d.

• Sad 1