kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Estimates | 57.4M INSIDE OUT II | 53.0M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.0M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

4 hours ago, emoviefan said:

This is going to be an awesome weekend thread.  No down the rabbit hole doom discussions about the Box Office  at least there should not be.

When horizon+bikeriders pull 10M combined we can have ourselves a nice refreshing 20 page discourse about the death of adult cinema 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyway bit weak Th for IO, hop it can come in more like 11.5 but probably looking at 55-60ish   

Looking very bad reception for AQP which I think will cost the weekend, but still have it mid 50s so very much a competitive race

Edited by Joyous Legion

2 minutes ago, Joyous Legion said:

Anyway bit weak Th for IO, hop it can come in more like 11.5 but probably looking at 55-60ish   

Looking very bad reception for AQP which I think will cost the weekend, but still have it mid 50s so very much a competitive race

IO2 and AQP Day One could both overperform this weekend.

With ~156M IO2 scores 6th biggest 2nd week, as expected. Only behind AEG outside of xmas period

Updated est of mid 90s for 3rd week, guessing it will just short of Av2 for 4th, but top 3 definitely in play. Should definitely surpass Barbie for biggest 3rd week outside xmas

May do 4ths in a bit if I get some time to kill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

IO2 620m finish seems the most likely scenario

Expecting 50m 3rd weekend. I was sure AQP will affect it due to adult demo.

AQP won’t affect it because of the adult demo. AQP will affect it because it has taken a large number of the PLF screens that had been showing IO2. The loss of PLF screens is one of the biggest drivers of week to week drops nowadays.

Horrible audience score on RT, i really think they messed up selling a full action monster movie 

Hopefully it won´t go below B on cinemascore, we saw with Apes that it doesn´t necessarily kill legs 

Still, shouldn´t hurt the OW... if it does 7M previews i think there´s a shot at 60M OW

Edited by ThomasNicole

27 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Horrible audience score on RT, i really think they messed up selling a full action monster movie 

There's some deja vu in the air, I think War of the worlds got similar reactions.  Personally I expected more actian and distruction mayhem from Spielberg and less hiding in cellars with Tim Robbins)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Horror seems sort of immune to negative WOM (remember Hereditary having good-ish legs following a D+ CS grade?) so it's way too soon to assume what the reception for A Quiet Place will be when it's barely been out.

Indeed, and the movie seems to be very downbeat and moody which usually brings CS down too

I think even with a B or B-, it can ended up not crumbling