Eric Onion

Fourth of July/Despicable Me 4 Weekend Thread | 122.61M 5-Day Opening

Granted I’m in an area that is probably not going to go for it anyways, but this Possum Trot only has one showing at noon at my local theater this weekend. I guess it’s some weird contractual obligation; but why even show it when it is this inaccessible?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

I rated In a Violent Nature and MaXXXine the same, but man was Violent Nature a bore.

I'm actually  happy that "In a violent nature" exists. Finally a new take on the genre, which got stale ages ago. 

Though it's not really that unique as some people trying to present it (everybody who saw "Angst" (1983) would agree, quite disturbing movie)

2 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Y'all were talking about biggest disappointments this year. I was drunk the other night and put on The Beekeeper. I couldn't do it, it was so stupid. I just started fast forwarding to the scenes where Jason Statham kills people.

I'll chime in to say that Kinds of Kindness will likely end up one of, if not the biggest disappointment of the year for me. It was such a mess. I had no clue what it was trying to do. And I loved Poor Things, so that's such a letdown.

it's July! @Eric the Minion @WrathOfHan

12x:

Inside Out 2: Trolls Band Together, Wish Dolby, The Boy and the Heron Round 2, Wonka, Migration, Soul Round 2, The Color Purple, Turning Red Round 2, One Life, Luca Round 3, Kung Fu Panda 4 3D, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

9x:

A Quiet Place: Day One: Madame Web, Love Lies Bleeding, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire IMAX, Challengers, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, I Saw the TV Glow, The Bikeriders, The Watchers

6x:

Despicable Me 4: Turning Red Round 2, Madame Web, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire IMAX, Kung Fu Panda 4 3D, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out 2 Round 0

5x:

Twisters: Madame Web, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire IMAX, Challengers, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby
MaXXXine: Pearl, I Saw the TV Glow, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Kinds of Kindness 35mm

3x:

The Wild Robot: One Life, Luca Round 3, Kung Fu Panda 4 3D
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire IMAX, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, Inside Out 2 Round 0
Horizon: An American Saga: Chapter 1: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Bikeriders, The Watchers
Horizon: An American Saga: Chapter 2: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Bikeriders, The Watchers

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Kinds of Kindness: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, I Saw the TV Glow
The Crow: Boy Kills World Round 0 Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX
Mufasa: The Lion King: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out 2 Round 0
Deadpool & Wolverine: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Bikeriders
Alien: Romulus: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga UltraScreen DLX, The Watchers

1x:

Elio: Elemental 3D
The Watchers: Drive-Away Dolls
Cuckoo: Late Night with the Devil