Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I just want to lament the state of the two major box office websites.

BOM, they are slow to update and they ruined what used to be a wonderful and informative interface. and they make a lot of input errors.

The-Numbers updates in real time, but their layout was clunkier than the old BOM and now their pages take a long time to load (as far as I can tell on my end).

BOM:  Most independent websites sold to Amazon die

The Numbers is obviously not getting the ad revenue to keep up with the huge jump in traffic because BOM became a skeleton site

• Like 1

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Jurassic World is safe for the top 10 until Zootopia 2 :Venom:

Until shrek 5**

Just saw D&W a second time and it's still an incredibly fun time at the movies! 

Hopefully Charlie's prediction for a $62M Saturday is correct.

From there, the film would have to make at least $42M on Sunday to hit $200M, but that would also be about a 32% drop from the $62M Saturday and since word-of-mouth on this movie is so much better than either Multiverse of Madness or Love and Thunder (never mind the fact that we are still in the heat of the summer), the day-to-day drop will be much smaller. 

Unless something catastrophic happens tonight or tomorrow, Deadpool and Wolverine is coming for that $200M number. 

Let's F***ing Go!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

BOM:  Most independent websites sold to Amazon die

The Numbers is obviously not getting the ad revenue to keep up with the huge jump in traffic because BOM became a skeleton site

They're probably gonna paywall themselves soon sadly 

The year to date metric is the big thing BOM still has going for it. The-numbers doesn't seem to track it or at least doesn't make it easy to find.

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I just want to lament the state of the two major box office websites.

BOM, they are slow to update and they ruined what used to be a wonderful and informative interface. and they make a lot of input errors.

The-Numbers updates in real time, but their layout was clunkier than the old BOM and now their pages take a long time to load (as far as I can tell on my end).

I miss old BOM so much. That was actually the site that got me interested in box office numbers in the first place back when Godzilla 2014 came out and i wanted to track its performance. The current BOM is like a rotting corpse in comparison and thats just so sad.

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Work your Dark Magic there. 😃

Doing my best. Ive had a number of failures (TFA, BP, IW, Endgame, NWH, Top Gun), but i think ive sacrificed enough goats, schnitzels and lemons at this point to secure that JW stays in the Top 10 DOM forever.

Only movie that is allowed to pass it ofc is Jurassic World 5 next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I could see it maybe reaching it, maybe even 651M. But not more.

the first Inside Out has already knocked JW out of the top ten according to BOM anyway

:hahaha:

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

the first Inside Out has already knocked JW out of the top ten according to BOM anyway

:hahaha:

FAKE NEWS

3 minutes ago, Selma said:

Until shrek 5**

Now ... Shrek 5 is a movie that i fear. I mean i myself predict like a 230M OW for that LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

FAKE NEWS

Now ... Shrek 5 is a movie that i fear. I mean i myself predict like a 230M OW for that LOL

5-day opening, so you may be safe.

Or maybe it really blows up and you're not. Still not sure what the upper limit is for that one without seeing a trailer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Is 650m dead for Inside Out 2?

It has been doing about 80% of TS4 at the same point of time, if that continue IO2 will stop at around 644m. I won't call 650m dead yet but definitely not locked anymore even with LD expansion since almost all Pixar summer hit got expansion during LD. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Blue Beetle had an Hispanic 38% OW,  That doesn't translate to not interested.  But no one group is going to carry a film to blockbuster status that isn't appealing to movie goers at large.

But that’s a normal level these days for them it seems. It also only opened to $30m. 

Just now, titanic2187 said:

It has been doing about 80% of TS4 at the same point of time, if that continue IO2 will stop at around 644m. I won't call 650m dead yet but definitely not locked anymore even with LD expansion since almost all Pixar summer hit got expansion during LD. 

Labor day expansion is a huge wild card. Could make the marginal difference it would need to pass those thresholds.

Toy Story 4 lost over 2000 theaters in August because of Dora and Angry Birds and was down to 800 by the time of its labor day reexpansion. The only thing Inside Out has to worry about is Harold, and the way things are looking I sorta doubt theaters will want to completely get rid of it for that movie.

7 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

5-day opening, so you may be safe.

Or maybe it really blows up and you're not. Still not sure what the upper limit is for that one without seeing a trailer.

Didnt know about the 5 Day opening yet ... but even so, i fail to see a scenario where Shrek 5 doesnt get close to 700M DOM, unless its a bad movie ofc, then it may crumble relatively fast. But Shrek is just so ingrained in meme culture and is hugely nostalgic to everyone whos older than like 20, so it has immense potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Is 650m dead for Inside Out 2?

No.
IO2 is at $607.6M after 43 days.
Incredibles 2 made another $40.8M after its 43rd day and IO2 is has bigger dailies than Inc. 2 at this point in its run.
$650M+ is still very possible for IO2.

Edited by Assassin
  • Like 3

Can someone tell me how much DH2's $91m OD would adjust to today? I'm so curious and BOM no longer has the adjusting feature.

Anyway, this is steamrolling through $200m OW and $500m DOM.

• Like 1

Just now, Noctis said:

Can someone tell me how much DH2's $91m OD would adjust to today? I'm so curious and BOM no longer has the adjusting feature.

Anyway, this is steamrolling through $200m OW and $500m DOM.

~125 adjusted. Insane hype

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1