Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

7 hours ago, AniNate said:

How does a weekend thread that gets to 70+ pages manage to be the most boring one of the season?

You get to enjoy people’s psychological 3000 word thesis on what sucks, why it sucks and cute attacks at that one evil bad company :)

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Bro which school did you study from? I wish I could write decently as u did. I have lot of thoughts but I won't be able to write them properly 😞

Local state school with its usual terrible English department, which was surprising considering it was a convent school. But really it was convent in name only, was more closer to a municipal school lol. But reading tons of fiction books like HP, LOTR, Dune series, hunger games, etc helped a lot. 

But your writing is fine, I wouldn’t fret too much. 

• Like 2

Disney/Marvel dominating the Summer.  Film twitter complaining about the MCU being the death of cinema.  Box office is top heavy as hell.  Box Office is back to old times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Look say what you want about D&W but nothing was as terrible as those CGI "cameos" at the end of The Flash.

Lol we cant compare a shitty movie with D&W

:hahaha:

Multiverse Saga Films

1. Spider-Man No Way Home

2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

3. Shang-Chi

4. Black Panther Wakanda Forever

5. Eternals

6. Deadpool & Wolverine

7. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

8. Black Widow

9. Thor Love and Thunder

10. Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania 

Yet to see The Marvels but guess I will once catching up on some of the MCU shows. Wish me luck for Secret Invasion. 

• Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yet to see The Marvels but guess I will once catching up on some of the MCU shows. Wish me luck for Secret Invasion. 

I’m still missing marvels, Loki s2, echo, and SI but SI is the one I expect I’ll never watch

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Since I'm heading on vacay, I wanted to remind folks that this week (and not even the whole week since Aug 1 is a start date for some) is the end of the most awesome summer weekday time...each week, more and more schools will start going back (with Aug 19 a huge push week), so weekdays will start inching weaker, and then drop with an eventual thud...and weekends will start to get stronger...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Bro which school did you study from? I wish I could write decently as u did. I have lot of thoughts but I won't be able to write them properly 😞

Typical Indian comment lol.

That said, yeah he wrote really well and A LOT.

I think my writing was very bad when I joined the forum. Has improved a lot since then I guess but still nowhere near great.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The best animated feature that year is the tale of the Princess kaguya, it is so great that it wasn’t even a close race. But too bad, most people can’t endure a non-English movie set in ancient Japan, with Buddhist/hindu mythology. 

But Kaguya was showing as 2013 so had to exclude that.

8 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’ve been mulling over chiming in once again on this, so here is what I’m going to say:

No one cares if you love or dog any film.

NO ONE.

Like @Menor the Destroyer said earlier, it’s about the hyperbolic non sense that does go both ways. You can either live your life as a teenager fighting constant franchise wars or you can come around to the fact that Marvel Studios or not, all films are works of art, products of art made by an ensemble that deeply care about their craft and poured their hearts and souls into these films, you enjoying them or not. They are also products funded by corporations that are in the business of making money, lots of money, and this goes from Marvel’s empire to that silly MMPORG that WB is pushing me as an ad all the time for a Dune game.

What has been plaguing this message board has been constant franchise wars with a fresh paint of the new rise of ‘absolute cinema’ kids that non ironically think that films like Dune are less corporate driven and works of art compared with Marvel Studios joints. The very idea that someone cares deeply about someone enjoying a film or not is silly or laughable. My opinion or anyone’s opinion on a film shouldn’t matter to anyone like @SaltyPistola just said. It’s rich to think anyone here sees themselves as holding such of an important opinion that literally a single one of us care about what they think about Marvel Studios or any other given film for that matter.

Once upon a time, people spewing non sense like what is and isn’t cinema wasn’t something that was fostered and welcome. BOT used to be a place where you could happily nerd out about film and cooler heads would always remind that it’s okay to love Marvel joints as much as Nolan’s joints, etc. The issue is that despite this place having excellent posters like @ZeeSoh, @XXR & Friends, @Porthos, @TalismanRing and being the places of legends like Rtheimdall and now Jat, some of those being even part of the moderator crew, we have people from the higher ups constantly fostering a sort of mentality that is in my opinion detrimental to cinema, movie theaters and film as a culture. 

Look, I never even watched Dune 2, Top Gun 2 or Avatar 2. I don’t hate those franchises. I watched the first Dune and thought it was boring, so I’m not in a hurry to watch the sequel. What makes this place so hard to want to stick around these days isn’t that there isn’t cool people around, I see that apparently @Cap isn’t as around as much either and other than life keeping us busy, I think it’s about I don’t have neither the time or the desire of constantly justifying or defending why I love the MCU nor I care about hating what I dislike. What I dislike I DON’T CARE. Once upon a time, this place valued people that would happily geek out and talk about film, box office and theories, now we don’t have Marvel x DC or Lucasfilm x Cameron but we do have "absolute cinema" against Marvel is slob drivel. All day. Every day. It’s boring. It serves for a clique of trolls, but not for healthy discussion.

Some might prefer the illlusion of some sort of power over a clique of hateful trolls. I’d rather waste my free time celebrating what I love instead of defending it or trashing what I don’t like. 

There is and there will always be room for all sorts of cinema as long as Netflix and AI don’t win. Marvel Studios just secured that movie theaters aren’t going anywhere and I’m hopeful that I can have a long life so I can keep riding the Marvel Cinematic Universe train, I never been this much excited for the MCU and the future of films as I am now, and in the bleak world we live in, that’s quite a marvel.

I think that it speaks a lot to the current state of BOT that this dude is coming off as the voice of reason:

It’s basic common sense, but still. This place used to be better, and I genuinely think that the kind of discourse has scared away some excellent posters. I’m thankful for those not afraid or polite enough to call bullshit when they see it in such an elegant manner. I wish I had that tact and finesse. I don’t, and it took me a lot of sighs to not be as blunt as I wish I could be here. 

If anything, what has made BOT such a fun place to hang out still lives, you just have to cut through a lot of bullshit and having that kind of bullshit promoted isn’t something I enjoy seeing but hey, movie theaters are saved once again and I love seeing Marvel Studios defying all odds thoughout the years so yeah, this weekend has been fun.

I had to break my lurking to say, well fucking said.

• Heart 1

All this talk and back and forth of the nature of cinema and the domination of superhero movies and we are missing one important thing that no one is talking about. The most important thing is that I'd drink Cassandra Nova’s bathwater.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 3