Krissykins

Weekend thread August 16th-18th Alien Romulus $6.5m previews

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lionsflop about to drop another high-profile dud next weekend. What a time to be alive!

Crazy that Strangers: Chapter 1 might be their closest thing to a hit this year with a gross of just $35M. The new Dave Bautista/Halle Berry/Mark Wahlberg vehicles they have coming out soon all look like Netflix originals. No wonder they're wasting no time greenlighting the next Hunger Games prequel before the book it's based on is even published.

Lionsgate's website used to have Strangers: Chapter 2 under coming soon section and its no longer listed.  

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Logically around 52% drop but Sat/Sun drop around 35% so the legs will be good now

undoubtedly a hit but I wonder if Lively and Co won’t return for a sequel due to all the negative attention they are getting. It’s not hurting the movie but it’s still stuff they likely don’t like or want. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm guessing the film adaptation of the IEWU sequel book will end up like the Crazy Rich Asians sequels where it just never materializes for whatever reason.

My guess?

Lively will get what she wanted the whole time. To direct the sequel herself with Justin Baldoni getting a big fat check to back off.

But she'll shit the bed in the execution and audiences will reject it as another example of "Sequel to a well-liked film that nobody asked for."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Romulus is expected to make $100M in China alone.

China overinflating movie's worldwide box office is back? I thought the market was dead for Hollywood productions outside Avatar.