Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 20th-22nd

21 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

Idk. If Bullet Train could do well with terrible reviews then I think wolfs could have opened with more than 20m too. 

Yeah but that had more appeal to the under 35 audience I would bet because of it being more a of a action movie and having a more edgy appeal. Wolfs seems targeted to that older audience who rely on reviews way more and if the reviews are eh it's  decent but not much more they will just wait and watch it at home. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

why? 

I think it could do well if Joseph Kosinski brings some of that Top Gun Maverick magic to it but will DOM  audiences care about a movie set in the world of Formula One as opposed to the sequel to a much loved movie from the 80's that was way better than that movie in all areas. Not sure. 

19 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I think it could do well if Joseph Kosinski brings some of that Top Gun Maverick magic to it but will DOM  audiences care about a movie set in the world of Formula One as opposed to the sequel to a much loved movie from the 80's that was way better than that movie in all areas. Not sure. 

I don't know if Formula 1 is big in the US (seemingly it isn't), but I think that film could make a lot of money overseas if it's good. Especially since the current actual drivers are supposedly in it.

Here in Germany F1 is still very popular even though there are no good German drivers anymore.

Just got out from seeing Transformers, very unfortunate that it's not doing as well as I'd hoped because that really was a charming movie. The action was really cool, very good animation and worth the Dolby ticket. And more unfortunate that this is probably definitely going to be feeling the hit from losing PLF next week, not just from direct competition. 

I hope it has a good after theater life, idk if it's gonna be on Netflix or if they'll leave it on their own streaming service to fade away. I think they'd be better off licensing it out. 

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

I see some people on the Internet blaming the Bay movies poisoning the well for why TFOne is flopping. Um, are we forgetting we had a live action TF movie last year that did fairly decently? TFOne is flopping because nobody is interested in an animated TF film. Especially after the first trailer which made it look like a kiddy film with cheap  animation 

The Bay movies are part of it but so are the not Bay movies. The same as Spiderverse, the first one I mean, and Mutant Mayhem, there's always going to be an initial hill that needs to be climbed when making a traditionally live action property into animation for a movie. Even if it has a history of TV animation, TV is not movies.

Across blew up domestically off goodwill of the first one and made close in the ball park of other Spider-Man live action films even in a crowded summer but it didn't just get there immediately. The first one was a slow burn over the holiday and then blew up on streaming. Mutant Mayhem did pretty good for what it was and the hope is that the sequel does even better (a Netflix drop would help). 

I agree that people blaming bad reception to the last Bay movies for whatever is happening here isn't right. I certainly blame it for the live action movie woes though..

3 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

I don't know if Formula 1 is big in the US (seemingly it isn't), but I think that film could make a lot of money overseas if it's good. Especially since the current actual drivers are supposedly in it.

Here in Germany F1 is still very popular even though there are no good German drivers anymore.

Yes and Pitt is a bigger draw OS than US too especially in Europe..

The movie needs to be good tho..

Edited by Taylor89

39 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

He was getting clowned for this

GYBwLRyaoAANRfO?format=jpg&name=large

goddamn his profile picture is old.

Lmao he's such a clown but I did find it amusing how he'd get Film Twitter (who are also mostly clowns) all riled up.