kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Thursday Previews | 1.95M THE WILD ROBOT | 0.77M MEGALOPOLIS

31 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

The reason they put “from the people who brought you [X movie you liked]” instead of “from studio so and so” is because nobody knows or particularly cares about studio so and so directly. And even then I bet it has almost no impact. People go to see a movie based on the premise or promos looking interesting/good to them and later on buzz from people (reviewers and then GA WOM) who’ve seen it. Take any trailer and replace the studio logo and association with past liked movies with some pretty much any other and you’ll get basically identical performance. Disney/Pixar are exceptions so waht becasue of the long history and quality creating their own kind of cultural aspect but even then something like Frozen or Encanto or Toy Story 1 or Inside Out 1 would have been similar hits if they were blue sky or dream works or illumination or whatever small ball animation studio you please — the movie itself is what audiences liked, followed by the trailer and clips that are a function of the movie itself rather than the studio, and that’s what drives the business

But looking back at original  IO or elemental trailer, they also heavily highlight the preview Pixar work like Up and coco. This is quite a common approach for original work.

For Wild Robot , i think the sign for long legs will be Sat Jump today , Wednesday and Mon/Wed drop , thursday ( because Transformers made 25% drop which is bad) and Fri Jump ( around 200% jump ). Generally i saw that animated movies (outside of summer time) had generally around 300% jump Thu/Fri jump

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Why was Wild Robot's Thursday previews so low? Tracking had it pointed at $3.5M+ but it only did $2M

Not everyone's comps were at that level, I know there was one guy who was saying it was looking like a 1.6m comp at his theaters. And personally I really didn't see signs of a huge presale surge in the theaters I was looking at, it was tracking behind IF for awhile. The truth is somewhere in the middle as the cliche goes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

A little behind Charlie said last night but Deadline was on point ( it's me or it's become a bit more recurrent the last few weeks?). Clearly Sat Jump will be the more interesting thing about OW . Transformers One made 48% jump , same for Trolls 3 and Paw Patrol 2 39% . With the impact of Hurricane Helene and the fact to be a original animated movie , i think about 55 maybe 60% jump for Saturday and around 33-35% drop for Sunday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Not everyone's comps were at that level, I know there was one guy who was saying it was looking like a 1.6m comp at his theaters. And personally I really didn't see signs of a huge presale surge in the theaters I was looking at, it was tracking behind IF for awhile. The truth is somewhere in the middle as the cliche goes.

Mainly I'm just mad my club failed

DPW is locked to pass Barbie DOM, as well as doubling DP2 ($637M).

DPW DOM performance is more impressive than No Way Home because

1. It's R-Rated

2. It didn't have Christmas legs to help 

3. This is just adding Wolverine, whereas No Way Home added every single villain and every single Spider-Man

4. Deadpool and Wolverine, while popular, are not as popular as Spider-Man who is basically on par with Batman

Edited by HummingLemon496

19 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Great run for Speak no Evil. Maybe 40M total? For a 20M budget , it's correct.

I think 40m will be out of reach, it won’t be over 30m this is weekend. 

I’m not one of those people, but I’m glad others seem to be enjoying it.