Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

The studio tried to get more families to watch Batman after the disturbing Batman Returns.What happened next will haunt fanboys forever.

Oh I'm glad they went with the direction they went when Nolan took over. My point is families will still show up because it's Batman. But Batman is one of the most popular characters ever. And they still sold toys for Batman Begins and TDK and my guess is they'll still sell toys for TDKR.

I expect her next update to bump it up to $68-70m. Should def hit $50m without midnight. Also, was the $18.7m midnight confirmed by Disney/Marvel? (I see they may want the midnight sh/comic book record, if only for a couple months).

So here's a question from the summer game:

19) Will Nikki's FIRST Friday number (not her midnight report, but actual Friday report ) have The Avengers making more than 5 mill more than the real estimate reported by Boxofficemojo.com FOR THE FRIDAY NUMBER? 3000

:)

19) Will Nikki's FIRST Friday number (not her midnight report, but actual Friday report ) have The Avengers making more than 5 mill more than the real estimate reported by Boxofficemojo.com FOR THE FRIDAY NUMBER? 3000

When did you post that??? And where is #18? Am I missing something?

I did say no.

I have been looking at sellouts and while it is doing fine in 2D, most 3D shows seem to be a problem. If they start to pick up during evening , $70 million is happening. From what I am seeing it isn't in enough 2D theaters.

What's the ratio of Nikki underestimating to Nikki overestimating? Recently it's been a lot of the latter, though it's hard to imagine this Friday number going down.

Edited by Hatebox

When did you post that??? And where is #18? Am I missing something?

Wow, I just realized that I TOTALLY missed Week 1. I figured the preseason questions were week 1 for some dumb reason. Guess I'm already done with the BSG, :lol:
  • Like 1

I have been looking at sellouts and while it is doing fine in 2D, most 3D shows seem to be a problem. If they start to pick up during evening , $70 million is happening. From what I am seeing it isn't in enough 2D theaters.

My theater actually took a 3D screen away and added a 2D one. Never seen that before and 2D is definitely selling better than 3D. People know by now post converted 3D is a waste of money.

My theater actually took a 3D screen away and added a 2D one. Never seen that before and 2D is definitely selling better than 3D. People know by now post converted 3D is a waste of money.

see I think this is a problem. They release movies with far more 3D than 2D showings yet I think many people prefer 2D and would rather not see it at all if it has to be 3D