Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

it's barely over Iron Man 2. Might even be less attendance

That does go back to the age old "What did people think of the last movie?" element tracking never takes into account for...and Iron Man 2 wasn't anywhere near beloved as Iron Man. Hell, it made less domestically when none of us saw coming.

But again $64-$67M is a great single day, regardless of what goes down.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

see I think this is a problem. They release movies with far more 3D than 2D showings yet I think many people prefer 2D and would rather not see it at all if it has to be 3D

Bingo. My 7:15 showtime is sold out. That's 2 hours from now. Zero 3D sellouts at this theater. I expect the 10:30 showing in 2D to also sell out. No clue what will happen with the 3D showings. They have a 6:15, 6:45, 8:15, 9:30, and 10:00 available in 3D.

"Even if the estimates hold, since when is $64-$67M single day a bad thing?"Its not bad however the day business (non midnights) is a bit low and not a good sign for the weekend if true.Its below IM2 day business.I think 68 million is a min.Its handily beating IM2 in my area, more like destroying it...No more like epic ownage.... :angry:

Edited by Lordmandeep

If nikki is right then tht number is disappointing however let's face it, people on these forums have been sucked into the hype (me included) and lets face it, it will still earn 400m+ which is still a much better finish than anyone was expecting.

So here's a question from the summer game:

19) Will Nikki's FIRST Friday number (not her midnight report, but actual Friday report ) have The Avengers making more than 5 mill more than the real estimate reported by Boxofficemojo.com FOR THE FRIDAY NUMBER? 3000

:)

I said YES for this, here's hoping for the best..

with 68 million FridayIt should...53 million39 million= 160 millionThat gross should give it around 400 million."The number will most likely go up to 69-70m. But not much more."Should get a 160 million weekend with that +

Edited by Lordmandeep

That does go back to the age old "What did people think of the last movie?" element tracking never takes into account for...and Iron Man 2 wasn't anywhere near beloved as Iron Man. Hell, it made less domestically when none of us saw coming.

But again $64-$67M is a great single day, regardless of what goes down.

Are people complaining about a $65m OD estimate? Regardless if it holds up, that's a fantastic opening. Which will probably be higher anyway.

I would wait guys...The fundamentals of the prediction do not make sense.Midnights are 18 million and that would mean day business is around 47 million. That is well below IM2 in admissions...That makes no sense.Imo the Friday is at least 68 million.