Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Thanks, it takes me about an hour to make a good one. Kinda of fun actually :P

As i said on other threads (or maybe this one too, don't remember lol), i love symetry.You improvised it or you did a sketch on a paper sheet?

As i said on other threads (or maybe this one too, don't remember lol), i love symetry.You improvised it or you did a sketch on a paper sheet?

Can't really do it on paper since the symbols are different shapes and sizes. You have to make it where you will post it since the symbols sometimes look different when posted on other sites. I made it here.

Just savour it now because according to RTX (not Rth) The Avengers will lose all of it's IMAX screens and Dark Shadows will take the female audience. It will make 68M next weekend.(sad face)

:D Wait and see.

I have one thing to say about this.... just ..... :mouthdropped:yeah what else can be said... 80.5 OD .. shock #1.... (who thought it could that high...)but it saved the best for 2nd... 70m 2nd day... well all but i guess ;) and possibly 60m on the third day... fuck me.. thats insane.

We had a massive opening here in australia and then unusually we got a 38% dip in the 2nd weekend indicating very good WOM if not stunning :D is a 2nd weekend > 100m possible finally ?

Can't really do it on paper since the symbols are different shapes and sizes. You have to make it where you will post it since the symbols sometimes look different when posted on other sites. I made it here.

Thanks!

Yeh it had a nice 2nd weekend drop in the UK too. 43%.

We had a massive opening here in australia and then unusually we got a 38% dip in the 2nd weekend indicating very good WOM if not stunning :D is a 2nd weekend > 100m possible finally ?

For those who don't know, these drops are based on normal weekend to normal weekend, not factoring in burnt off demand on the OD. But nevertheless, the holds from the long weekends were phenomenal.

Is that right that it's losing all its IMAX screens?That's a shame. After breaking house records they now have to wave it goodbye? For a Tim Burton retro tv adaptation?

Yes.WB locked up IMAX for all of its movies a while ago.Same thing happened to THG.

Hey so I haven't been here in a while and the Hunger Games opens to $150m (!) and this to over $200m?!? Pretty sure I was saying under $200m total at BOM. :P

Where are u getting 210 from? Nikki says 205 which is about a 20% Sunday drop. The Imax loss next weekend does suck tho. That's a shit load of revenue lost.