Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I dunno, I've seen plenty of times where people either refuse to admit they were wrong, or they just disappear, or they quibble about technicalities, or they continue to attempt to denigrate the movie, or whatever.But she showed up (actually sometime late on Thursday) and said she was prepared to eat crow and joked around with the active posters in the thread, and then last night she posted (paraphrasing) "wow, I was totally wrong. Amazing result!"

Well, I just don't like her at all as a poster or as a person (from what I've seen of her). So my view of her will be skewed I guess. But good for her for showing up. Props to her then.

BTW, Hiddleston is going to be huuge! He has already been directed by Spielberg, Woody Allen, Terence Davis, Joss Whedon and Kenneth Branagh.. He is going far. :o

I love him. He was clearly having a blast with TA and it showed.

I think Saturday will be huge, like record breaking huge. It has great WOM, and all the families will be out in full force on Saturday. Add in the fans who can't wait to go watch it again... erm yeah, like I said, this Saturday is going to be huge for TA. :D

So what's really the truth behind Norton not coming back. Was it the box office not living up or was it his fault? Mark R. did an amazing job though. I guess third times a charm cause he signed a 6 picture deal.

Edited by filmscholar

Sellouts everywhere!! Saturday number may come in much higher than Friday (w/o mids)!Is 75M Saturday really possible? :blink:

$70m is the goal, I think, just from hearing these reports and looking at them myself. It could come in lower than that, because we're in such uncharted territory here, but I'm betting it doesn't. :D

Sellouts everywhere!! Saturday number may come in much higher than Friday (w/o mids)!Is 75M Saturday really possible? :blink:

i think the very best we can hope for is a 10% drop.

20.2% increase? No. It's not

It's possible. Can't ignore WOM traveling so quickly these days and getting to people who might not have been interested. It makes the ceiling go up significantly, whereas something like SM3 was pretty much set in stone. There was a certain amount of demand from marketing and hype, and that was it. In that film's case, this was a GOOD thing because if WOM got out as quickly as it does today, it would have dropped on Saturday without midnight.

Avengers was trending last night right along with Thor, Loki, and Captain America. When I clicked on each one all the tweets were about how hot these guys are, lol. Most were about Captain /America and Thor's bodies, lol.

There is something in it for everybody! :P