Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Dude maybe for you but TDK's intro scene is miles better than both HP7/8 openings and most will agree

I'm only talking about the blockbuster franchise openings.

DH1/TDK/Inception/DH2/ have the best openings, IMO. I don't remember the openings of other blockbuster films.

Oh, Christ, Eclipse had a great opening. By very far the best scene of the series.

It's funny, I agree almost completely with Noctis's rating/review (though I think I liked it a bit more than he)... But IM2 was just terrible.

In regards to Avengers, same. But, I find solace in reveling in IM2's goofiness. Sam Rockwell is utterly hilarious in that movie whether intentional or not. Not a very good movie though, a mess all around.

I am confused. IM2 better than Avengers? WTF are you smoking?

It's not necessarily better, but Iron Man 2 didn't bore me (aside from the Samuel Jackson scenes). I thought the majority of the action in Avengers during the city's battle was coordinated incredibly well (far better than any Marvel film), but I didn't give a crap about the characters. I almost wanted to laugh when that Shield agent died. It's almost as if Whedon expected us to feel sad. Iron Man 2 is a film that decreases in quality to me. But I still find it enjoyable.

I legitimately don't know how someone can enjoy Iron Man 2, let alone more than Avengers. But, you know, OPINIONS AND STUFF! :pcwhack:I won't discount a $100m second weekend yet. Spider-Man 1's second weekend adjusts to around that, and that's without 3D. No matter what though, I'd hate to be Dark Shadows...

$100m 2nd weekend is so possible I'm tempted to say lock. 4 times I've seen this thing now and every single time I can't even begin to describe the audience reactions. I've NEVER heard applause and cheering so many times throughout a movie outside of midnight screenings. WOM for this thing is running more rampant than Hulk on Loki's ass. Edited by MovieMan89

IM2 is thoroughly mediocre. The first 10 minutes of Avengers bored me into looking at my watch. The entire runtime of IM2 achieved the exact same thing. Hulk by himself is better than all of IM2, never mind the damn good banter that Whedon came up with in his script.

• Like 1

It's not necessarily better, but Iron Man 2 didn't bore me (aside from the Samuel Jackson scenes). I thought the majority of the action in Avengers during the city's battle was coordinated incredibly well (far better than any Marvel film), but I didn't give a crap about the characters. I almost wanted to laugh when that Shield agent died. It's almost as if Whedon expected us to feel sad.Iron Man 2 is a film that decreases in quality to me. But I still find it enjoyable.

It was sad when coulson died you heartless shrew. Many people in my screening let out a gasp when he got hit. A lot of "awws" when he was announced dead.

Hawkeye was given enough. There was notvmuch more he could do with the lack of superpowers.

Exactly. His seeming blandness stems from the fact that he has no super powers, no cool gadgets, and no Scar Jo kickass moves with a kickass ass. ;) Whedon did the best he could with the character.

IM2 is thoroughly mediocre. The first 10 minutes of Avengers bored me into looking at my watch. The entire runtime of IM2 achieved the exact same thing. Hulk by himself is better than all of IM2, never mind the damn good banter that Whedon came up with in his script.

Spoilers careful, but yeah banter was best part of characters