Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Potter just got owned, still has those massive midnights and by association OD record as a consolation

If TA2 is sent to july 2015, can we have then a midnight record since may = people at school/work?

Someone has to make a What Went Right thread, and when they do I won't have the answer. Obviously all the all the ingredients were present and correct, but I've no idea what the 'x-factor' was. I still can't believe the team-up element provoked that much appeal.

I just got back from checking out BOM (its something weird with me, as I don't believe the numbers until they are posted there), anyway, I saw that Hunger Games fell 47.3%. Granted it was the best hold for all holdovers, but FUCK!!! It was supposed to be a beautiful day and it was supposed to dethrone Potter. GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!400M is gone now! Double FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

400M isn't gone, it needs 19.3M to get there, and Potter still made another 11M after a weekend less than half as small, it'll crawl there, and even if it stalls at 395M, Lionsgate will keep it in theatres long enough for it to crawl to 400M.

Because the average price assumes every ticket was sold at that price. 60% of the Avengers' tickets were sold at quite a bit higher price than BOM's average.

The idiot, if anyone, is whoever posted that 25.5m estimate. We all should know by now BOM estimates tickets by simply dividing by the average ticket price.

dude this the news of a 200m weekend is spreading like wildfire, so many news articles and twitter. Will probably be on every news outlet tonight.

this could boost is even higher and all the fudging suspicions would go away..

Someone has to make a What Went Right thread, and when they do I won't have the answer. Obviously all the all the ingredients were present and correct, but I've no idea what the 'x-factor' was. I still can't believe the team-up element provoked that much appeal.

Two things, pent up fanboy demand and social media. Pretty much sums it up nicely

The idiot, if anyone, is whoever posted that 25.5m estimate. We all should know by now BOM estimates tickets by simply dividing by the average ticket price.

I wouldn't call the person an idiot for posting that. It's easy enough to be misled by the average price at BOM.

- Inner desire to be a kid again...whatever the age we have?

- Colorful costumes of the characters?