Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

What's this Puerto Rico ''thing''? I'm kinda new here...so this might sound as a stupid question...

Read this:* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm
  • Like 1

You know, I wasn't even sure if 200 million OW was physically possible (as in there are that many movie showing you can squeeze into a weekend), but TA has proven that it definitely is! So, hats off to TA! This is just so amazing! :D

Monday will be in the 16-18m range I think. Pretty incredible for a film during school-time.

Nope, it will be over 20.

200M OW :rock: ... At the beginning of the year I thought you wouldn't be seen for years and now I am certain we will see it twice this summer. And now i'm thinking The Hobbit can live the dream and we can have 3 200M OW and over 500M domestic movies. I know i'm getting ahead of myself but right now I think anything is possible. I could go outside and see a unicorn.

Posted Image

TH won't get within $50m of $200m, and that's a best case scenario. But it's gonna have monster holiday days.

Records that The Avengers will take ~26~ (possibly more!)

Opening Weekend

Opening Week

Second Weekends

Summer Opening

Saturday Gross

Sunday Gross

Summer

Summer Opening

Summer Starts

May Opening

Rate PG-13

Widest Gap

Opening Weeked Biggest Gaps

Top Theatre Averages - Wide Release

2-Day Gross

3-Day Gross

4-Day Gross

5-Day Gross

6-Day Gross

7-Day Gross

8-Day Gross

9-Day Gross

10-Day Gross

Fastest to $100M

Fastest to $150M

Fastest to $200M

Fastest to $250M

Fastest to $300M

Read this:* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.http://boxofficemojo...?id=2601&p=.htm

It's incredible you can still find that article.