Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Please feel free (this goes for everyone) to ask a staff member to post a link in the first post of the topic to the direct post announcing new estimates releases. This is something else that will really help with keeping the board more organized and allowing people to go back and find one single thread for each weekend.. :)

One thing I hated about mojo was the clutter, well done dude

Care to post some calculations on that?

Roughly:IMAX - $16M / $15.4 = 1.04M3D - $88.1M / $10.7 = 8.23M2D - $96.2 / $7.65 = 12.58MTotal - 21.85MSM3 and TDK are just below that.I will try to do more accurate calculation when actuals are available.

Well some people are still hoping he's going to stay on for another term.

Who cares, both are clows IMO, you didn't see this presidential campaign, a real joke, they were too afraid to talk about the economy, so they didn't talk about it :rolleyes:But who cares, The Avengers ROCKS B)

I was just cruising on BOM and I found this:

Domestic: $80,517,000 15.4% + Foreign: $441,500,000 84.6% = Worldwide: $522,017,000

:OMG:

That is fucking unreal. By Sunday, this movie will have 640M WW. Just... :circles:

:wtf: ...hey super heroes cool down ok ...gahhh i have to go check the worldwide top ten again, i fear for ROTK place ...

edit : i just did ,its already 55 on the worldwide chart after 2 days , cry me a river..... :o

Edited by ladyevenstar22

No, the 60% number was based on revenue rather than admissions. 3D prices are higher, so the percentage of 3D revenue would be higher than the percentage of 3D tickets. The Saturday morning report was that 60% of the revenue was coming from 3D. It's safe to assume that quite a bit less than 60% of the tickets sold were 3D.

Thanks, didn't know that difference.

I've said it once, and I'll say it a million more times:You cannot predict a phenomenon...you can only get lucky, If you're the one person who gets it right when everyone else is wrong, then you're the one person who gets it wrong nearly every other time.If you put all of your chips on red 5 every time you play, you're gonna win eventually but lose a lot of money in the process.If you piss in the dark, sometimes you hit the bowl.

• Like 4

No, the 60% number was based on revenue rather than admissions. 3D prices are higher, so the percentage of 3D revenue would be higher than the percentage of 3D tickets. The Saturday morning report was that 60% of the revenue was coming from 3D. It's safe to assume that quite a bit less than 60% of the tickets sold were 3D.

It's all too confusing.... gotta wait for the actuals.

Well that 91OD and the 43.5MID record are some consolation.... Well until TDKR breaks that OD record in July potentially. The MID record is probably here to stay for some time now.

TDK won't touch 91 mill.