Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Freaking insane.I am sorta sorry that DH2 didn't open in 2012, might have had way better box office run.But hell, I witnessed 2 OW records going down in 2 yrs, and 200M barrier broken by Avengers.Just freaking insane.

Don't worry, Disney will Puerto Rico the SHIT out of this if they have to!! :)There is no way they'll let it drop below 200m. Not now. 2012 baby!!! Everyone is going to the movies because they think the world is coming to an end.

"See, I don't get that. How exactly will it do that? Do you think it will sell out more Saturday and Sunday matinees than Avengers did? How exactly will it do more in admissions?"around 180 million in ticket sales ensures it...However Baumer it is no doubt an epic opener...Same breath as TDK and Spider Man 3 in admissions easy....

• Like 1

You can bet that Disney will use every fudging tactic in the world to keep the actual above 200m.

They won't need to. They already gave it a drop that is too big and uncharacteristic of a film of this magnitude.

What's this Puerto Rico ''thing''? I'm kinda new here...so this might sound as a stupid question...

"Puerto Rico" could be used as an excuse to fudge numbers, being a small, far away commonwealth that could easily be forgotten when recording box office numbers. I think it most notably happened with Transformers 2's opening weekend.

200M OW :rock: ... At the beginning of the year I thought you wouldn't be seen for years and now I am certain we will see it twice this summer. And now i'm thinking The Hobbit can live the dream and we can have 3 200M OW and over 500M domestic movies. I know i'm getting ahead of myself but right now I think anything is possible. I could go outside and see a unicorn.

Posted Image

Edited by glassfairy
  • Like 1

See, I don't get that. How exactly will it do that? Do you think it will sell out more Saturday and Sunday matinees than Avengers did? How exactly will it do more in admissions?

TDK and SM3 sold more tickets. He's assuming it will have similar demand to those two movies. Personally I don't think TDKR will come anywhere near the 22m admissions of TDK/SM3. I'm predicting it to be about 8% shy of Avengers' admissions and $40m shy in dollar gross.

I don't think it will need to fudge anything. Increases for saturday excluding midnights are 14%! Spider-man 3 only increased 4% and hunger games increased 6%. Sunday drops for both were 22% and 33% respectively. I think its comfortably going to beat 28% drop needed for 200m :D

Edited by eXtacy

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but I'll let you in on a little secret...just don't tell anyone, ok?This is the internet. What you are or can do in real life, has no bearing in here.It's a massive secret I know, just keep it between us okay?

:rofl:

Freaking insane.I am sorta sorry that DH2 didn't open in 2012, might have had way better box office run.But hell, I witnessed 2 OW records going down in 2 yrs, and 200M barrier broken by Avengers.Just freaking insane.

Thanks for the answer! I would give you a Like, but I'm out for today.