Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Wow, quite the amazing year so far.

I knew this would be big, but I had no idea it would be this big!

As much of a HP fan as I am, it's a bit of a rough week for DH2. Avengers smashes DH2's opening weekend record... THG knocks DH2 out of the top 100 adjusted domestic list... and in another day, TGH will surpass DH2 on the unadjusted domestic list.

Avengers wasn't the best movie, but it was loads of fun. There's no embarassment in seeing it take records, unlike that silly boat movie or those big stupid robot movies.

Well not entirely no fudging....look at what Disney did to John Carter. Shameless.

LOL well John Carter was actually playing with the Avengers at the drive ins. Someone explained in another thread that both films split the difference in that situation. Wasnt and out and out fudge.

gahhhh can wednesday come already!!!!!!! why did i agree to go see this with my cousins should have gone on my own this weekend pfffffat least i'm sure i'm not the only one who hasnt seen this film yet and not for lack of wanting to... :wiggle: ( i so want to hug this smiley, too cute)

I think it will go up again. Rth said 57 was the low end and Finke's number is lower. I trust him over her.Another note, MTC will be 67M+ off on their tracking number. Massive fail by them.

Take BKB out of the equation and i'm pretty sure nearly everyone was off by at least 30m ... some by as much as a 100m ;) - i can still remember some predicts saying iron man 1 OW .... lolTDKR has no chance here - anything think WB might give up on the record here and move the release date up by a day or 2 ?

That's 3 day vs. 3 day. Not including Monday numbers.

I know...but the Sunday drop would be softened because they have no school or work on Monday.