Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Based on what I see ASM has no chance of reaching 50m

I'm in agreement now. It started off strong, and had good second and third week holds, but it has since been dropping pretty hard. It's total multiplier could end up missing 6x, which is quite poor for a late-June/early-July release. The next 2-3 weeks are some of the strongest of the year, so let's see if it can turn it around.In response to 'The Avengers' potential... honestly, it's rather difficult to predict. Based on what I've seen online, buzz isn't as high as 'The Dark Knight Rises' was before it opened. None of superhero films that proceeded The Avengers did very well (failing to even reach 1 billion yen (under $10 million) either. I don't think that matters too much though, all of them together probably seems more appealing. It opens on a Tuesday to take advantage of Obon Week, so we'll know where it's headed early in it's release. If I have to make a prediction right now, I'd go with close to 2 billion yen ($25 million). Edited by Corpse

I'm in agreement now. It started off strong, and had good second and third week holds, but it has since been dropping pretty hard. It's total multiplier could end up missing 6x, which is quite poor for a late-June/early-July release. The next 2-3 weeks are some of the strongest of the year, so let's see if it can turn it around.In response to 'The Avengers' potential... honestly, it's rather difficult to predict. Based on what I've seen online, buzz isn't as high as 'The Dark Knight Rises' was before it opened. None of superhero films that proceeded The Avengers did very well (failing to even reach 1 billion yen (under $10 million) either. I don't think that matters too much though, all of them together probably seems more appealing. It opens on a Tuesday to take advantage of Obon Week, so we'll know where it's headed early in it's release. If I have to make a prediction right now, I'd go with close to 2 billion yen ($25 million).

Avengers needs to get $35M from Japan to hit the 1.5B mark.I hope it can do that much. The WOM everywhere has been pretty strong, so I expect the case to be same in Japan too.

I'm in agreement now. It started off strong, and had good second and third week holds, but it has since been dropping pretty hard. It's total multiplier could end up missing 6x, which is quite poor for a late-June/early-July release. The next 2-3 weeks are some of the strongest of the year, so let's see if it can turn it around.In response to 'The Avengers' potential... honestly, it's rather difficult to predict. Based on what I've seen online, buzz isn't as high as 'The Dark Knight Rises' was before it opened. None of superhero films that proceeded The Avengers did very well (failing to even reach 1 billion yen (under $10 million) either. I don't think that matters too much though, all of them together probably seems more appealing. It opens on a Tuesday to take advantage of Obon Week, so we'll know where it's headed early in it's release. If I have to make a prediction right now, I'd go with close to 2 billion yen ($25 million).

I'm confident, in Russia movies of Avengers heroes failed too, but The Avengers has been a real success.

Hopefully it can do better in Japan and reach at least $35M as it is not really a superhero film. More of an event, epic film like Transformers.This is why it did better in Russia..etc.

Edited by JCS

Mid-Week Report:

*'Madagascar 3' opened on Wednesday and is on pace to outgross it's predecessor by a wide margin based on first day ticket sales. I'm pretty sure this marks the first time a Dreamworks sequel (besides Shrek 2) has ever increased over it's predecessor(s).

*'Umizaru: Brave Hearts' hit 3.5 million admissions and 4.4 billion yen ($55 million) on Wednesday, it's 20th day in release. It's Mon-Wed gross is bigger than it's past Weekend gross. Summer Vacation is in full effect now.

*'Brave' is losing about 30% of it's screens this weekend at Toho locations. It's unusual for any film to lose so many screens at any location so soon in it's release, but the dismal psa and 'Madagascar 3' (who would have thought it will probably beat 'Brave' in Japan?) are certainly hindering it.

映画『マダガスカル3』映画ファーストデー! 初日興収1億円を突破! 洋画作品ぶっちぎりNO.1スタート! 興行収入20億円突破確実!

Madagascar 3 OD was over ¥100M,may end up ¥2B+ much more than Brave? :o

Edited by Invincible Olive

Mid-Week Report:

*'Madagascar 3' opened on Wednesday and is on pace to outgross it's predecessor by a wide margin based on first day ticket sales. I'm pretty sure this marks the first time a Dreamworks sequel (besides Shrek 2) has ever increased over it's predecessor(s).

WHAT!! :o

What is it looking at for the 5-day opening?