MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

A bit OT, but I find it shocking that Jumanji adjusts to nearly $200m DOM. :blink: Not based off a board game, but the whole movie revolves around a board game. Makes you wonder though if they actually put some real star power and a decent premise into BS if it could of done OK. I still don't think the thing should have ever been made but if they're gonna base something off such a ludicrous idea at least have a really enticing concept and one big name star.

Because I want to associate one piece of shit with another piece of shit.Seriously, I hate that movie.

:lol: Friday Night Lights might've been worth name-dropping in the US. Edited by tribefan695

Because I want to associate one piece of shit with another piece of shit.

Seriously, I hate that movie.

Yeah you gotta love it when they have the brilliant idea to put the whole "from the director of..." in the marketing of a movie when it's from the director of a total POS. :lol: How exactly does that sell the movie?

Berg has been involved in some good things in the past. The Kingdom and Friday Night Lights.

Kingdom...Meh. And unless your name is Uwe Boll, there is usually an early success(es)(critical or box office) that helps jump start a career. Berg has had success with smaller action films and a drama, that doesn't mean he has the chops to be a "go to" director for a tentpole film. I think Hancock and now Battleship have proved that.

Well, it was for me. That was the reason I'd been defending the film in the face of all the negativity up to its release. After Wall-E I was down with whatever he was planning on next.

I haven't seen John Carter yet, did his direction meet your expectations?

John Carter had a guy who had directed two of the best animated films of the past decade. We won't know if that might've had an effect because they never mentioned it in the advertising.

I'll always swear that it could have done nothing but help, but it's moot point now. But really, JC didn't end up being so mature of a PG-13 that most kids can't see it, so there really was NO reason not to use that in the marketing and go after that family audience.

It had some really great moments (the climax being the high point, imo). I just don't know what the heck he was thinking when he was writing the script.

That bad, huh? It was probably studio interference.

I'll always swear that it could have done nothing but help, but it's moot point now. But really, JC didn't end up being so mature of a PG-13 that most kids can't see it, so there really was NO reason not to use that in the marketing and go after that family audience.

Well, it does get pretty violent towards the end. It prompted me to comment to my brother on how much the color of blood matters.

Well, it does get pretty violent towards the end. It prompted me to comment to my brother on how much the color of blood matters.

Hmm, I would have to rewatch it again with "parental" goggles on so to speak, but it didn't seem too bad to me. And red blood is definitely a lot different than any other color blood. I mean then it's not really even blood. I just can't imagine most kids who can handle the Star Wars movies (Sith in particular) not being able to handle JC.

That bad, huh? It was probably studio interference.

I'm not sure, really. I mean, the changes made were ones that I wouldn't figure a studio demanding, with the exception of covering Dejah up. Just seemed like he was so deep in his own vision that he couldn't see how his movie played from Joe Moviegoer's perspective.Now that it's happened I'm not all that upset it bombed. Maybe it's a humbling experience for him as he had gotten pretty arrogant in interviews close to release.

Bombs away indeed for Battleship, Dictator and What To Expect.SBC will be exhausted after all that promotion. Intl will make up for it.Battleship won't be covering its budget never mind it's marketing after cinema's take their cut.

Nikki as usual under-estimating.Nice bump for The Dictator. I knew that 4.5m early estimate was total bollocks.Embarrassing for Battleship. That's all.

Edited by Heretic

The Dictator is the only opener that is doing ok. Battleship is not going to hit 30M! Huge bomb! And the romantic comedy is also flopping big time!