Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'd agree. i really think hollywood trying to pigeonhole him into the badass category is a mistake. MCQUEEN HE AINT.

I don't know... a badass? From the trailers he comes off to me as very much playing the comic relief role of the movie.

I feel like he's acting more badass than he actually is, which fits really well into Pratt's wheelhouse from Guardians.

Pretty much every single character besides him looked more badass to me in this trailer (well, not including Peter Sarsgaard, I guess).

Personally, I couldn't be happier that they didn't try to force him into some stoic silent hero type. I think he's gonna be awesome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I don't know... a badass? From the trailers he comes off to me as very much playing the comic relief role of the movie.

I feel like he's acting more badass than he actually is, which fits really well into Pratt's wheelhouse from Guardians.

Pretty much every single character besides him looked more badass to me in this trailer (well, not including Peter Sarsgaard, I guess).

Personally, I couldn't be happier that they didn't try to force him into some stoic silent hero type. I think he's gonna be awesome. 

He's kind of like his Jurassic World character: the 'funny badass' who's neither particularly funny nor particularly badass.

23 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

it just feels like everyone made a premature judgement on that "new harrison ford" thing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

He was super lame in Jurassic World, don't think he looks anywhere near as bad here

I thought the script for Jurassic World was super lame. Based on this trailer alone I can tell this is much better. 

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it just feels like everyone made a premature judgement on that "new harrison ford" thing.

Eh, that's basically just similarities between Star-Lord and Han Solo IMHO.

No one is "the new Harrison Ford", we still have the original.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I can take or leave Pratt, but I can see why studios chomped at the bit. They've been desperate for an all-American action mega-star for so long now they'll take anyone who even slightly fits the profile.

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I can take or leave Pratt, but I can see why studios chomped at the bit. They've been desperate for an all-American action mega-star for so long now they'll take anyone who even slightly fits the profile.

Well can you really blame them? Every movie he's led in the last few years has over-performed compared to expectations. Obviously that's not all (or even mostly) on him, but at the very least he's great at choosing roles that fit him in crowd-pleasing movies. 

You can definitely tell he's being considered a major draw for this movie based on the way it's being promoted. We'll see if it pans out.

Just now, JennaJ said:

Well can you really blame them? Every movie he's led in the last few years has over-performed compared to expectations. Obviously that's not all (or even mostly) on him, but at the very least he's great at choosing roles that fit him in crowd-pleasing movies. 

You can definitely tell he's being considered a major draw for this movie based on the way it's being promoted. We'll see if it pans out.

Yeah the trailer is 50% Pratt 40% Danzel 10% everyone else

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'd agree. i really think hollywood trying to pigeonhole him into the badass category is a mistake. MCQUEEN HE AINT.

Yeah. He's more of a Brendan Fraser in The Mummy type.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nilephelan said:

No.  Not even close.  

Pratt is great in this. 

What I said was a compliment. Fraser in The Mummy is a great example of a competent, swaggering, but occasionally goofy hero.

• Like 5

The international trailer has gotten me pretty excited for this. I'm mainly sold on the quality of the cast, but it looks like it might be a fun blend of western tropes and modern action. It might even break into my top 5 modern westerns.

1. 3:10 To Yuma

2. The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

3. Bone Tomahawk

4. Django Unchained

5. True Grit

Edited by Mikasa Ackerman