Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

From what I can tell, the reactions to the new trailer are very positive overall.

The few negative ones I saw mostly came from reboot haters or "original" M7 purists (Which was a remake itself afterall, so I think that leaves the argument a bit wearker but whatever). 

Also, people do not like the music choice for the trailer. 

But the reactions are otherwise great and this seems to be appealing to people who don't normally like the genre (me included) so I think this is going to be a resounding success come September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

this looks so boring to me.

Yeah, same. I feel like a total old guy saying this, but for a Western it just looks so... toothless and polished. The extent to which it feels like flashy corporate product is off-putting to me, even though I'll probably end up seeing it anyway, if only for the scenery and some of the actors. 

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Putting aside my own opinion of it, what was JW? Or San Andreas? or TF4?

I'll answer one at a time. A super fun yet somewhat stupid blockbuster. A very forgettable special effects vehicle. One of the worst theatre experiences I've had.

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Looks good but I'm not quite sold yet that this is going to be more than "forgettable fun fluff".

All I want out of it is a fun time at the movies. I'm not expecting it to become a classic or anything like that.

This summer has been sorely lacking in fun films as far as I'm concerned. I have very few movies I'm excited about in the coming months, but this is definitely one of them.

• Like 2