filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

39 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'd always assumed Bad Boys 2 made tons of money, but 273m WW against a 130m budget is nothing special. Do people really want a follow-up?

I think it was also popular on home video (though I could be wrong).

I think this'll draw in the 90s nostalgia crowd.

Ok, something happen with Will behind the scenes that they needed more time.   I think it's because he signed on to that "Bright" Netflix film.    This date is interesting because you got Fantastic Beast 2 dropping the next week.   But  it should be some nice counter-programming for the holiday season.

Edited by filmscholar

26 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Ok, something happen with Will behind the scenes that they needed more time.   I think it's because he signed on to that "Bright" Netflix film.    This date is interesting because you got Fantastic Beast 2 dropping the next week.   But  it should be some nice counter-programming for the holiday season.

He's shooting DUMBO

On 2/7/2017 at 8:59 AM, Alli said:

He's shooting DUMBO

Nope, he never confirmed.  A matter of fact, my sources are saying he's definitely doing BBIII next and not doing Dumbo.     Oh wait, it's been confirmed, he's not doing it:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/will-smith-backs-out-of-disneys-dumbo-live-action-adaptation-122?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

An insider tells The Hollywood Reporter that the director has left due to scheduling conflicts, but other sources say it was the dreaded "creative differences."

The move is a setback for the project, which has been trying, in fits-and-stops, to get going after years of development. The involvement of Will Smith had forever been a question mark but the actor finally committed and the studio, after shifting several times, had recently set a Nov. 8, 2018 release date. A start date in the fall was being eyed.

Carnahan wasn’t just the director for Bad Boys 3, but had also written the most recent draft of the script. Sources say a director search is already underway and a new writer may be hired as well. The project is a hot ticket because it is considered a go movie.