filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Sony pushes "Bad Boys III" back from February to Summer release in June.    I think obviously they needed a little more time as Feb 2017 is less than a year from now.   This gives them a solid 15 months to get this done.  Only problem is February has better competition for "Bad Boys" also with "Deadpool" doing so well, it would of been a nice spot for it since Bad Boys is R-rated action.  Now it comes out on "Pirates 5" 2nd week.  

martin-lawrence-and-will-smith.jpg?w=590

http://collider.com/bad-boys-3-release-date-2017/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Edited by filmscholar

On 3/6/2016 at 8:07 AM, Boxofficerules said:

Aren't they planning on making Bad a Boys 3 PG13?

Hell No. Now Why would you say that???? And where did you get that stupid ass rumor????

Edited by Robot308

8 hours ago, filmscholar said:

Sony pushes "Bad Boys III" back from February to Summer release in June.    I think obviously they needed a little more time as Feb 2017 is less than a year from now.   This gives them a solid 15 months to get this done.  Only problem is February has better competition for "Bad Boys" also with "Deadpool" doing so well, it would of been a nice spot for it since Bad Boys is R-rated action.  Now it comes out on "Pirates 5" 2nd week.  

martin-lawrence-and-will-smith.jpg?w=590

http://collider.com/bad-boys-3-release-date-2017/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

I don't think so. Next February is going to be over-crowded plus Summer is a more normal spot For Bad Boys 3 and thanks to Deadpool The R-Rating rebooted itself with a Massive shot of adrenaline so yeah Bad Boys 3 is Going to Be R. that film only going to work with that rating. Nuff Said 

Edited by Robot308

37 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

I don't think so. Next February is going to be over-crowded plus Summer is a more normal spot For Bad Boys 3 and thanks to Deadpool The R-Rating rebooted itself with a Massive shot of adrenaline so yeah Bad Boys 3 is Going to Be R. that film only going to work with that rating. Nuff Said 

No doubt that Summer weekdays could help an action tentpole like this in the summer but "Pirates 5" 2nd weekend won't be anything to sneeze at.   In february they just had to deal with "Maze Runner 3".  This time it has to deal with agian "Pirates 5" coming off 5 years hiatus.   It's direct competition will be "House".  Again I'm happy it's back in the summer but I think that Late February date gave it a clean calender to clean up.  But again I think early June should do good.  

[IMG]

[IMG]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chewy said:

I'd ask why it matters that this be rated R, but I'd really rather not read the answers to that

If it's Bay directing, it wouldn't really matter except for the volume of F-bombs.

If it's Carnahan, though, it'd be nice if he's in Smokin' Aces territory with it.