Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Is this 2 movies? I don't see any cast names for adults.

They haven't cast any of the adults yet. Although from the looks of it Jessica Chastain is the likely choice for adult Bev given she's worked with the director before and resembles the younger actress. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

They haven't cast any of the adults yet. Although from the looks of it Jessica Chastain is the likely choice for adult Bev given she's worked with the director before and resembles the younger actress. 

Oh God NO! Please no! I know she's desperate for a hit movie cause she can't open shit being so stuck up, cold, whiny, annoying ciber warrrior that doesn't even know what the fuck she fights for, but don't let her ruin this movie. She's terrible. Sucked up the joint in that GdT Gothic shitfest. Keep her out! Is there a legit threat that she'll be in the movie or just association with the director?  

Even just going by the YouTube trailer, It is keeping pace with Justice League and Spider-Man: Homecoming...in other words, on the same week as the trailers for the most popular characters of the most popular theme/genre in movies today, a horror movie is grabbing as much attention or more.

Seeing this is New Line/Warner, do you think they're trying to get Goonies and a Teen Titans featuring Trigon going ASAP? This studio should know a little something about movies featuring kid actors...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh God NO! Please no! I know she's desperate for a hit movie cause she can't open shit being so stuck up, cold, whiny, annoying ciber warrrior that doesn't even know what the fuck she fights for, but don't let her ruin this movie. She's terrible. Sucked up the joint in that GdT Gothic shitfest. Keep her out! Is there a legit threat that she'll be in the movie or just association with the director?  

It's not confirmed but all signs are pointing to her. She's really the popular choice as well and makes sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It's not confirmed but all signs are pointing to her. She's really the popular choice as well and makes sense. 

She's not a popular choice anywhere but on few movie awards forums with a strong SJW streak. She is overrated, annoying and unneeded since It is not a star vehicle. It doesn't need recognizable faces that GA doesn't give a shit about or even skip a movie when they see them.They don't like her, they don't care about her and they certainly won't see It for her. 

Yes this is two movies. Where have you guys been for the last 18 months LOL. And Jessica Chastain as the adult Beverly would be fantastic casting. The first movie is all about the kids it's all about the youths and it's all about the original introduction to IT. The second movie will be the adults trying to take care of it in the present day. I think it's a perfect way to split up the movies.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yes this is two movies. Where have you guys been for the last 18 months LOL. And Jessica Chastain as the adult Beverly would be fantastic casting. The first movie is all about the kids it's all about the youths and it's all about the original introduction to IT. The second movie will be the adults trying to take care of it in the present day. I think it's a perfect way to split up the movies.

I'll only see the kids one. never cared for the adult part of the story but I'm the type that loses interest in stories where kids grow up. Like Slumdog. Once kids grew up, I couldn't stand those teen versions and took it off. Sequel boxoffice may drop for that reason.

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

She's not a popular choice anywhere but on few movie awards forums with a strong SJW streak. She is overrated, annoying and unneeded since It is not a star vehicle. It doesn't need recognizable faces that GA doesn't give a shit about or even skip a movie when they see them.They don't like her, they don't care about her and they certainly won't see It for her. 

Well other than her and Amy Adams I haven't seen any other "reasonable" choices for Beverly. As someone who's read the book she's a good choice and I'm sure WB wants a couple of A listers in the Adult Loser Club. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Jessica Chastain is a fantastic actress and would do a great job. I think you're letting her politics shape your view of her as an actress too much.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

The perfect and only way. JC would be a fantastic choice for Bev..

Did they really have so little faith that they haven't begun casting/filming yet for part 2?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Well other than her and Amy Adams I haven't seen any other "reasonable" choices for Beverly. As someone who's read the book she's a good choice. 

There are many actresses who are red or could have hair die. Why does it have to be 1 of 2 overexposed gingers? I don't get this insistence that they need a name for these roles. Like, these kids, most of them unknown, are gonna put butts in seats not because their names are A,B,C,etc but because it's a freakin amazing trailer and there's an iconic book and an iconic TV event.

It seems to me that you want Chastain to be in it, likely because she's been in a string of disastrous flops. I dread Dune casting cause I'm sure that Chastainics are gonna push her for Lady Jessica as if no one else could play the part (BTW, she'd be awful and strike against the boxoffice - she's a female Fassbender, industry thinks they are second coming but no one else gets it). 

@elcaballero Nope, I don't think she is good at all. Her performance in ZDT was deathly bore until her whiny overacting moment where she appeared like a tantrum throwing petulant kid rather than a strong woman she fancies herself to be (while continuing to be be whiny and desperate in real life). her idiotic twitter account is an icing on a cake but I wouldn't think much of her without it either. She was unwatchably bad in Crimson Peak and Huntsman and bascially always plays those icy bitches like Fassbender that don't appear strong but just obnoxious and annoying. GA will never warm up to that woman. Also, her shading JLaw just because Jlaw was so young and about to win the Oscar ("I paid my duuues!") while aunt Jessica got caught shaving 5 years off her birth date, is an unforgettable moment of total uncoolness. 

Different opinions, mate. Hey, maybe she gets the part so you'll be happy and I'll hapilly skip the movie and we all will be happy.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

There are many actresses who are red or could have hair die. Why does it have to be 1 of 2 overexposed gingers? I don't get this insistence that they need a name for these roles. Like, these kids, most of them unknown, are gonna put butts in seats not because their names are A,B,C,etc but because it's a freakin amazing trailer and there's an iconic book and an iconic TV event.

It seems to me that you want Chastain to be in it, likely because she's been in a string of disastrous flops. I dread Dune casting cause I'm sure that Chastainics are gonna push her for Jessica as if no one else could play the part (BTW, she'd be awful and strike against the boxoffice - she's a female Fassbender, industry thinks they are second coming but no one else gets it). 

I'm not a Chastanic (Does she really have a huge amount of fans) but as someone who read the book I would be satisfied with her casting and wouldn't care if it wasn't her. And sure these movies don't need big names but chances are WB will try and get some recognizable names. And as a fan of the book I feel the material deserves some A list talent. And yes most of the kids are unknown because that's almost the case anytime a group of kids is cast. There's just not that many known child actors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Split and Get Out are freaks of the genre.

I think IT could get over $100m.

But we need to be sane and remember that $100m is freakish for an R rated horror film.

If this does $80m it would still be great. 

Not only that, but this kind of hype(if they can maintain it), builds into the opening weekend.  

This could very well have a $50m+ OW but it's still a horror movie and unless it ALSO gets WOM on the level of Split/Get Out, it won't reach those same heights.  And let's face it, have three WOM horror hits in one year is insane to think about, but this really just screams having a mega opening and normal horror legs. 

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I'm not a Chastanic (Does she really have a huge amount of fans) but as someone who read the book I would be satisfied with her casting and wouldn't care if it wasn't her. And sure these movies don't need big names but chances are WB will try and get some recognizable names. And as a fan of the book I feel the material deserves some A list talent. And yes most of the kids are unknown because that's almost the case anytime a group of kids is cast. There's just not that many known child actors. 

She does not! Her pathetic twitter account has measly number of followers for a celebrity. I think that her fanbase exists only on Awards Watch forum and crossover members who post elsewhere create illusion that there's more. 

A list talent exists outside of A list. trouble is, Hollywood keeps giving roles to the same recycled people so it's hard to discover new talents. IMO, being famous =/= being the best and in horror movies, famous is distracting because the point is to identify completely, which is tough when you see a personality. Also, famous name might signal that the character lives (though Bev lives in the source so it isn't much of a spoiler). So this movie would waste 7-8 roles on overpaid celebrities when cheap actors who need a breakout could do just as well or even better. Sorry, can't support it.