Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Jake Gyllenhaal's performance wasn't that great.

I actually agree. And I loved Nightcrawler. But I didn't feel like Gyllenhaal did anything special. Admittedly, he was given some terrible lines (all of those clichés that he had to spout) that made his character seem ridiculous.

*And yes, I know why he says cliché lines; I just found the technique to be a little lame. I got over it when compared to everything else in the film, however.

I'm not sure actually. but the fact he wasn't even nominated is a joke.

Eh, I find the Oscars a waste of time as a whole. It's just a bunch of people's opinions. I don't really care what they think, I care what I think. :P

Biggest Oscar snub was easily Oyelowo.

Eh, I find the Oscars a waste of time as a whole. It's just a bunch of people's opinions. I don't really care what they think, I care what I think. :P

Biggest Oscar snub was easily Oyelowo.

Eh, I thought Jake was better and I also thought Fiennes in Budapest was better to. I would have nominated all 3 though over Carrel, Cumberbatch, and Redmayne though.

Eh, I thought Jake was better and I also thought Fiennes in Budapest was better to. I would have nominated all 3 though over Carrel, Cumberbatch, and Redmayne though.

I haven't seen Foxcatcher or Theory of Everything but Benedict was SO overrated in Imitation Game. Rubbish film with a decent but not amazing central performance. He really overplayed the whole Sheldon Cooper thing and to me it wasn't very convincing, let alone standout.

• Like 1