A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why is Ghostbusters the movie that studios have chosen to attach all these trailers to? 

I think the more pertinent question is “why does this trailer give me Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer vibes?” 😂

Yeah, that wasn’t a good teaser. If all this turns out to be is nostalgia bait, I fear they’ve missed that train by a few years.

Edited by SnokesLegs

18 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Okay, I was fine with the epic trailer music of popular songs thing for a while. I defended the practice more than most. Arguably for years after everybody else vilified it...this is my limit. Harry Belafonte didn't die for this.

I hated the Choir  version of  the Banana Boat song.

4 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I think the more pertinent question is “why does this trailer give me Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer vibes?” 😂

Yeah, that wasn’t a good teaser. If all this turns out to be is nostalgia bait, I fear they’ve missed that train by a few years.

I would normally be inclined to agree, but Jenna Ortega is pretty popular with Gen Z, so that might help. 

But yeah, I’m sick of nostalgia baiting too. I would’ve hoped that the failure of Flash and Indiana Jones last year was going to be a wake up call to Hollywood, but it looks like we’re not quite done just yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

With Ghostbusters and Godzilla X Kong there is really no better 2 week stretch until May. 

Dune would've been preferable. Can't imagine three weeks made that much of a difference as far as this teaser was concerned.

18 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

What movie a trailer is attached to doesn't mean shit. Shazam 2 trailer played in front of Avatar 2.

This. I saw that Gran Turismo trailer in front of what felt like every movie from Spider-verse, Evil Dead Rise and Oppenheimer and that movie came and went like a fart in the wind

It gave me nostalgia. Glad they used the song. 

I think here in the UK it’ll be huge with my generation at least. 

I do wonder if parents are too precious/weak/boring these days to let their kids see it though. 

12 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

The trailer is fine. Though it's funny they went the often joked upon "lets slow down a song and have a childrens choir sing it".

Honestly should've just released a full trailer.

But why would they skip a teaser? Having the full trailer out for 6 months prior seems a bit unheard of? 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

But why would they skip a teaser? Having the full trailer out for 6 months prior seems a bit unheard of? 

No its not. Most of them are named "teaser" in name but are longer and show more of the plot than this did.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No its not. Most of them are named "teaser" in name but are longer and show more of the plot than this did.

You said they should’ve released a full trailer. That would be pretty unheard of for a big film like this just going with a full one first 6 months out with no teaser.

Maybe you meant “longer teaser”. I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You said they should’ve released a full trailer. That would be pretty unheard of for a big film like this just going with a full one first 6 months out with no teaser.

Maybe you meant “longer teaser”. I guess. 

WB doesn't even do teasers. Pretty much all their recent major movies had the first trailer (see their 2023 releases and Dune and Furiosa) around 6 months before release and no teasers beforehand. The only exception was Barbie.