A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

I think it's fine for them to lead with just a teaser for this. We're still over five months away, WB has other movies in the meantime they'll wanna push, and a quick one-minute tease is easy to pass around social media. Maybe they could have launched this during the Super Bowl, but it seems like WB has fully given up on spending money there.

As a teaser, I think it's effective. The reveal of the actual in-movie children's choir is enough for me to forgive that cliche. Visually it looks better than most of Burton's recent works already, although we'll need to see more spectacle shots to get a better idea of if his commitment to more practical effects work is legit.

I still think this'll be massive, at least $200M domestic. Maybe even $300M if audiences love it and it has long enough legs to carry it to Halloween.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonathanMB said:

I think it's fine for them to lead with just a teaser for this. We're still over five months away, WB has other movies in the meantime they'll wanna push, and a quick one-minute tease is easy to pass around social media. Maybe they could have launched this during the Super Bowl, but it seems like WB has fully given up on spending money there.

As a teaser, I think it's effective. The reveal of the actual in-movie children's choir is enough for me to forgive that cliche. Visually it looks better than most of Burton's recent works already, although we'll need to see more spectacle shots to get a better idea of if his commitment to more practical effects work is legit.

I still think this'll be massive, at least $200M domestic. Maybe even $300M if audiences love it and it has long enough legs to carry it to Halloween.

I agree it is too easy to write this movie off, but that heaser was underwhelming.

I just have problems with the whole Banjnan BOat song sung by a choir routine.

It's just fine for teaser to a movie coming out in 5 and a half months. Yes could of done without the slowed down Banana Boat but other than that just fine. But BO Theory will BO Theory and consider Nostalgia a four letter word. 

• Like 1

The teaser looks...exactly as I expected it would? Were some of you actually expecting our first glimpse at the Beetlejuice sequel to not lean in on what people remember about the original? :lol:

This won't be a great movie but if it's even a fraction as entertaining as the OG, I'll still have a good time.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

I'm gonna be honest, I've been in the big breakout camp for this, but the buzz and trailer views fell well short of my expectations for this so far. Kind of didn't land with the impact expected.

• Like 1

I'm reserving my full thoughts so far. It's just a teaser that's playing on nostalgia. Hopefully that isn't the only thing this will offer.

Give me a trailer that shows an actual plotline with importance and that might change things for me.

Edited by NoobSaibot

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

As someone who has not idea what the original is about and never saw it, I thought this was good. 

I rewatched it recently for the first time in at least 20 years. My main reaction was that it was way more adult than I remember despite ostensibly being an edgy family movie, to the point where if it came out today it’d probably get (unfairly) criticised for being tonally inconsistent. My second reaction was “I forgot Hollywood used to allow films to be short”

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Same here. I'm only seeing it for Jenna and I too thought it looked good.

They really cast the perfect person for the part, didn't they? Fans of hers in Wednesday will flock to this I think since the vibes should be pretty similar.

• Like 2

I think it looks fine. There's like 6 shots lol. I think the point of this is to basically bring awareness to people that the movie exists. In that sense, it did its job. Other than that, I will agree it didn't inspire much enthusiasm for those skeptical of it. But again, there wasn't much to see in the first place, so I can't say it justifies any negative emotions either. 

• Like 1

Moderation

Please ensure that any spoilers, no matter how vague, goes under spoiler tags. If you are going to post any links that leads to a source that include spoilers, then indicate this in your post besides the link. Thanks

@Firepower

• Like 1