Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Basically in the "trending topics" section "#Valerian (sponsored content)" would appear as the top trending item. 

So then people respond to that and post something about Valerian? At least they are responding to the sponsored trending topic. They could just ignore it. 

30 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Smeone told me once that in the cinema films aren't actually on the hard drive the distributors send, they are downloaded from the studio to a hard drive sent to the cinema specifically to store the movie in question. It's actually quite possible that a movie can get changed very quickly.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

In any case, this sort of thing isn't unheard of. It does happen from time to time -- either it's an unfinished shot or (in rarer cases) it never got done. I remember a tweet storm from some VFX guys listing some infamous cases (i.e., a LOST IN SPACE shot where a bluescreen window off to the side was never comped).

7 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

In any case, this sort of thing isn't unheard of. It does happen from time to time -- either it's an unfinished shot or (in rarer cases) it never got done. I remember a tweet storm from some VFX guys listing some infamous cases (i.e., a LOST IN SPACE shot where a bluescreen window off to the side was never comped).

This happened in the trailer for Men in Black 3

MiB3-trailer-SHOT-1.jpg

it it was meant to be this

MiB3-trailer-SHOT-2.jpg

• Like 1

After seeing the trailer(s) for this movie I feel like the special effects are actually kind of lackluster, especially considering the budget.

Don't get me wrong, the scenes in space with all the ships and the lasers are beautiful, but that opening scene with the weird monster thing looked like something out of spy kids to me. :(

1 hour ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

It's much more complicated than that. EuropaCorp has most of their production costs covered but it's unclear what percentage they're getting from domestic (not to mention it's unknown whether all foreign distribution rights are covered or not). But the key thing -- for Besson at least -- is that he was able to get it made. 

And if Valarien fizzles at the box office worldwide.,Eurocorp might not lose much money on the film, but the distribution companies that bought the rights will get soaked.

I think that Eurocorps and Besson always expected the film to make it's major box office overseas,with the US market secondary. A decent performance in the US would satisfy them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And if Valarien fizzles at the box office worldwide.,Eurocorp might not lose much money on the film, but the distribution companies that bought the rights will get soaked.

I think that Eurocorps and Besson always expected the film to make it's major box office overseas,with the US market secondary. A decent performance in the US would satisfy them.

Much like Power Rangers, Lionsgate didn't lose much from Domestic and UK but their local distributors took a beating on it.