Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Once WOM kicks in, this will fall like a rock. Bet on it. It's way too boring for kids and adults so all it caters to are teens and more so female teens.

This number is showing just how far people can spin anything.

You know what. I really believe it's not even about the numbers. People are sticking with the agendas no matter what. The numbers, reviews, crowd reports etc. is just a smokescreen. People are so entrenched in their positions they can't see the forest for the trees.
  • Like 1

There were discount Tuesday tickets being sold anywhere. It doesn't work like that. When a film opens for opening night, sneak, midnight or whatever, you pay full price...supply and demand. Whoever is spinning this as a discount Tuesday price on a Monday night is lying, flat out full of shit.And the number is ok, but far from crow worthy for either side. IMHO, this is one of the worst comic book films I've ever seen with the pacing of a 9 hour documentary about growing navel lint. I'll be shocked of this gets decent WOM. My audience had no reaction at the end so I can't tell if they enjoyed it or not. Then again there were about 40 people in the theater so hard to guage. And saying this is up there with the big boys? No it's not. Big boys are Avengers and above imo. This opened like a movie with a decent fanbase to it, not like a Spiderman fanbase. Nice spin by Sony.

B, someone already posted a picture of their ticket and it was $5. As far as the big boys go, I think it starts at TF2 with $16m and goes up from there.

Are you seriously asking me to trust wikipedia instead of the studio? :lol:

Quote from Deadline article about Spider-Man 3's box office in May 2007:

Though SM3 fell -14% Saturday compared to Friday, that number without the midnight shows is actually +4%.

http://www.deadline.com/2007/05/us-spidey-3-looking-bigger-than-1-or-2/

SM3 made 59M on Friday with midnights then made 51M on Saturday. Using those percentages, you get about 49M on Friday without midnights. 59 - 49 = 10.

It's just a thread, it's a game, we have fun, no honor there iJack ;)

Are you an idiot? It's near my forecasts, no meltdown.You lose. ;)

You lose :P YES,YES,YES :P You were wrong, hater B)

Oh Oh Oh thanks for the compliment....I see who is the idiot and the loser

Pretty boring number. Not bad or good. Just there.Anyway just came back from my showing. 20 percent full. Movie wasn't awful but not as good as Spidey 1. i gave it a C+/B-Don't know how WOM will be. There was no reaction in my theater.This movie did make me want to see The Avengers again lol

• Like 1