Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Oh, what a surprise!Right. I thought it would be a success because of Spider Man's name alone. Dont cry about uphill battle stuff when numbers come in. :rolleyes:

SM's name alone got it 30M+ OD but it's pointless to talk to you about TASM. Even you can't deny 30M+ OD's a success.You made your mind up a long time ago so let's leave it.
  • Like 1

Depends on their percentage of gross in each market. They have more control over the domestic market. 90% or more of the revenue from the first two weeks in North America goes to the distributor for big films like this one. In overseas markets they don't get that high of a percentage, especially not when dealing with difficult governments like China.

With the exception of China, I think they get 50% or more everywhere.And I doubt TASM has a 90% deal in NA.

Checking Fandango sell outs, it sure looked like the East Coast was doing a lot better than the West Coast, which is kind of strange.Weaker sales on the West Coast wouldn't bode well for later updates, but then I have no idea of knowing if the projections already take that into account, heh.

Weird, I figured this would be bigger on the west coast since according to Facebook, TASM garners the most likes from Los Angeles.
  • Like 1

Oh come off it. You loonies are just trying to declare victory no matter what the numbers come in. :rolleyes:

1st this is not a war, so there is no declaring Victory, the only real winners are Sony, The Actors and the Director cause they got paid. I'm just a box office anaylist and film lover (Scholar). I have no dog in the fight, but I am a Spidey fan. I'm just shocked to read some comments that 27 OD wasn't good. Have people been watching this Summer? It's doing TF numbers and it's the 4th Film of the Franchise.

I'm using up all my likes on you man

Thanks for the love, but I honestly never would I thought 27 OD would get so much drama but I guess I was wrong. I guess Spidey needed to make 50 Million OD for people to be satisfied.
  • Like 1

SM's name alone got it 30M+ OD but it's pointless to talk to you about TASM. Even you can't deny 30M+ OD's a success.You made your mind up a long time ago so let's leave it.

:rolleyes: Whatever floats your boat, loonie

Thanks for the love, but I honestly never would I thought 27 OD would get so much drama but I guess I was wrong. I guess Spidey needed to make 50 Million OD for people to be satisfied.

It needs to be TDKR for people to be satisfied.

It was doing boffo business in New York. Among the theaters I was tracking it had nearly 450 shows (started with 400 in the afternoon) and nearly 50 sellouts. Better than MM and Ted did combined in New York and neither had 3D/IMAX. I am expecting a 25 million+ Tuesday excl. midnight. It was easily doing better business than either Snow White or Prometheus nationwide. Prometheus had 1000 less theaters and Snow White was only in 2D.

Edited by TLK

Spider-Man Opening Day:Spider-man: 39 Million (OW Record)Spider-man 2: 40 Million (4th of July Record)Spider-man 3: 59 Million(OW Record)The Amazing Spider-man: 27-30 Million (Not a Record :lol: )Yes when looking at it like that, it may not look great, But when you are rebooting a franchise with not as famous talent with your 2 stars and director, it looks pretty good to me.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

It needs to be TDKR for people to be satisfied.

Not all people. And I'll be even bolder than filmscholar, a HELL lot of people will take The Amazing Spider-Man over TDKR, and this isn't about war, it's about preference. And people should respect that, not act like it's a fucking war. There will be always people liking one film more than another, and others *gasp* BOTH of them, even three of them if you count The Avengers.
  • Like 1

A TA midnight-to-OD multiplier puts this at 32.3M. But that was a non-summer Friday, and this is a holiday-eve summerday discount tuesday. Lots of variables :D .

Edited by jse

Spider-Man Opening Day:Spider-man: 39 Million (OW Record)Spider-man 2: 40 Million (4th of July Record)Spider-man 3: 59 Million(OW Record)The Amazing Spider-man: 27-30 Million (Not a Record :lol: )Yes when looking at it like that, it may not look great, But when you are rebooting a franchise with not as famous talent with your 2 stars and director, it looks pretty good to me.

One thing I'm not understanding... $30m-$37m WITHOUT the midnights? Because if it could get to $42m or something like, it would look beautiful next to the other ODs.

Not all people. And I'll be even bolder than filmscholar, a HELL lot of people will take The Amazing Spider-Man over TDKR, and this isn't about war, it's about preference. And people should respect that, not act like it's a fucking war. There will be always people liking one film more than another, and others *gasp* BOTH of them, even three of them if you count The Avengers.

I like films based off what I have invested in the characters... I really get into films emotionally. This is why I thought Avengers was forgettable. I had NOTHING invested in that film. I'm already predisposed to like TDKR, TASM, and The Hobbit more than other films this year.Sometimes I get a surprise (Cabin in the Woods) which hangs around up there with the biggies. Edited by Darth Nolan