Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

from other thread

ERC:

Exhibitor Relations

Sony's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN had the best Tuesday debut ever, tingling audiences w/ $35M.

Also Its the lowest OD for any TASM movie as well

Spider-Man 1 OD : 39 Million on a Friday

Spider-Man 2 OD 41 Million on a Wednesday

Spider-Man 3 OD 59 Million on a Friday

Previous Tuesday BO record holder was Transformers with 27 Million but you need to remember if you include midnights its 36 Million because Transformers was got 8.1 Million on Monday

You can't compare to the other SM, they were released a Friday!
  • Like 1

35 Million OD? Again Spidey Haters, Man Up. I'm still in complete shock how ppl last night were trying to say it's numbers weren't good. Sorry but it's now time to start talking 300 Million so all the so called spidey "Loonies" were right on the ball. Congrats to Sony, after all the drama about a reboot, there instincts were right. This generation has a new Spidey.

Posted Image

35 MILLION OD? MAN UP!

35 Million OD? Again Spidey Haters, Man Up. I'm still in complete shock how ppl last night were trying to say it's numbers weren't good. Sorry but it's now time to start talking 300 Million so all the so called spidey "Loonies" were right on the ball. Congrats to Sony, after all the drama about a reboot, there instincts were right. This generation has a new Spidey.

Posted Image

35 MILLION OD? MAN UP!

:D

Yea, the haters are manning up. I even wrote a eulogy for the under 200 mill thread.

It's all good Baumer, I actually agreed with some of you criticisms, I would of preferred them NOT doing an Origin story over again, that's my biggest complaint. But again I just couldn't bet against Spidey, Kids love him way to much.

Just remember this though:This opening is pretty much where most of you had it going. This looks to have a 250-275 finish based on the OD. That's a 23 or so % drop from Spidey 3 and it means it will have sold a sparse amount of tickets. Without the outlandish under 200 thread, I don't think most of you would be looking at this as a gross worth celebrating.

• Like 4

By the way, I posted on BOM for over 8 years, I don't remember a MIDNIGHT THREAD this Big. Maybe Transformers or TDK, I don't remember but this Thread is an Instant Classic.

There definitely wasn't a midnight thread this of topic, and hijacked. :lol:

Just remember this though:This opening is pretty much where most of you had it going. This looks to have a 250-275 finish based on the OD. That's a 23 or so % drop from Spidey 3 and it means it will have sold a sparse amount of tickets. Without the outlandish under 200 thread, I don't think most of you would be looking at this as a gross worth celebrating.

Amazing. Baumer's Under 200m thread was actually reverse psychology, turning what would otherwise be a middling box office run (compared to predecessors) into a triumphant victory for the fans. And all the while baumer sits in his Fortress of Doom, laughing about how he's reframed the benchmark for Spiderman's success.Well played oh mighty supervillain, well played. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Posted Image

35 MILLION OD? MAN UP!

I doubt it reaches $300M. TF1 opened to the same if you count the Monday preview gross of $8.1M, and TF1 believe it or not had great WOM at the time. I just don't see this getting the same repeat viewings, and I also think some of the fans of the Raimi trilogy won't be back for this. I would be shocked if this reached $300M.
  • Like 1

Just remember this though:

This opening is pretty much where most of you had it going. This looks to have a 250-275 finish based on the OD. That's a 23 or so % drop from Spidey 3 and it means it will have sold a sparse amount of tickets. Without the outlandish under 200 thread, I don't think most of you would be looking at this as a gross worth celebrating.

Posted Image

I doubt it reaches $300M. TF1 opened to the same if you count the Monday preview gross of $8.1M, and TF1 believe it or not had great WOM at the time. I just don't see this getting the same repeat viewings, and I also think some of the fans of the Raimi trilogy won't be back for this. I would be shocked if this reached $300M.

TF total - 8M still equals 300M+

True, 300 is far from a lock but 250 is a Lock and I'm willing to say 260 is more of a Lock after today's OD. Also people have to remember, Spidey will get a TDKR boost in my opinion cause of sellouts and the fact parents will want to take their kids to a superhero movie that isn't as dark as Batman so Spidey will benefit.

In Baumer's defence he actually mentioned the prospect of his thread lowering expectations for the movie quite a while back.Still, if it cracks 300m that's a good number any way you cut it.

Edited by Hatebox