A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

On 03/09/2016 at 8:07 PM, AJG said:

This will be a magnificent flop and I'm excited to see it burn. 

I think it will flop too but why are you actually "excited to see it burn"? I think this movie flopping is sad, Michael Fassbender seems to really have put a lot into trying to make this one work.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I think it will flop too but why are you actually "excited to see it burn"? I think this movie flopping is sad, Michael Fassbender seems to really have put a lot into trying to make this one work.

Shame. 

On 9/3/2016 at 7:24 PM, John Marston said:

Why? For a video game movie this has quite a bit of talent behind it

It may not suck (I still think it probably will) But it will almost certainly bomb. Rogue One, Passengers and Sing will devour this. Terrible release date and shitty marketing will be it's downfall. plus Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard may be talented actors, but they have zero star power when it comes to drawing in a crowd. and this is giving off major Prince of Persia vibes to me, I hope I'm wrong. but I will be shocked if this gets good reviews and does well.

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

It may not suck (I still think it probably will) But it will almost certainly bomb. Rogue One, Passengers and Sing will devour this. Terrible release date and shitty marketing will be it's downfall. plus Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard may be talented actors, but they have zero star power when it comes to drawing in a crowd. and this is giving off major Prince of Persia vibes to me, I hope I'm wrong. but I will be shocked if this gets good reviews and does well.

Fair ir enough but I think there is enough room for this to do decent. Depending on the budget PoP wouldn't even be bad 

On 4.09.2016 г. at 3:57 AM, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

But Warcraft and Angry Birds both went above it ;) 

Toxic lies and bullsh!t. My club was sabotaged.

It was a beautiful club. NO one dared go in, the Shay stood alone. I was the only one who predicted that Angry Birds will fizzle out at 340m WW - and that Warcraft without China would be an absurd 150m WW joke.

So yall better check out this legendary club - and see what it spells for Assassins Creed, yo.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Toxic lies and bullsh!t. My club was sabotaged.

It was a beautiful club. NO one dared go in, the Shay stood alone. I was the only one who predicted that Angry Birds will fizzle out at 330m WW - and that Warcraft without China would be an absurd 150m WW joke.

So yall better check out this legendary club - and see what it spells for Assassins Creed, yo.

Except Angry Birds went to 347M, above PoP's 336M.  And you never said in the beginning that China didn't count, it was changed last minute because you saw Warcraft put up legendary numbers in China.

• Like 2

Of course. As you can see I don't talk about that here.

HOWEVER the target was ALWAYS 370m - since the inception of the club. PoP adjusted. And Angry Birds failed that by a lot. As will AssCreed.

(And even with the absurd 70% of its total BO coming from China - Warcraft managed ju-ust enough to squeeze in. LOL)

Edited by shayhiri

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

Fair ir enough but I think there is enough room for this to do decent. Depending on the budget PoP wouldn't even be bad 

Yeah PoP was actually one of the better video game films, still wasn't great though. according to wikipedia Assassin's Creed's budget is $150–200 million, so they are probably hoping for at least $150m domestically. which I wouldn't rule out if it got good reviews, but I can't see it doing much better than that.

• Like 1

Apparently the budget of this thing is going to be in the 200 Million dollar range.

Looks like another film that the hardcore fanbase will love but the GA will just say "MEH" and go see "Rogue One" of "Passengers" instead.

As for Ubisoft's  "we don't expect to make money on the film but will get it back in other ways" is is the old.old, "Synchronity" theory,one that major film studios tried...and lost huge amounts of money in the process. It only works if the film is a hit....if the film fails then "Suynchronity" goes out the window.

I have suspicison that Ubisoft ,however good a game company they might be, knows shit about the  larger entertainment business. And I guarantee you that Fox and Ubisoft's parnters in this film are ,in private, pretty damn unhappy with that statement.

• Like 1

You know, it's tough. Put a man in spandex and you instantly have a massive advantage, at least in the US, whereas other properties are struggling to find an audience, where the only way to get noticed is to make a masterpiece. Too bad that many people have such narrow minded taste...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Elessar said:

You know, it's tough. Put a man in spandex and you instantly have a massive advantage, at least in the US, whereas other properties are struggling to find an audience, where the only way to get noticed is to make a masterpiece. Too bad that many people have such narrow minded taste...

I have to laugh my head off at Video Game Franchise fanboys acting like they are so intellectualy superior to Comic Book Franchise fanboys.

The movie is not selling because it does not look very good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have to laugh my head off at Video Game Franchise fanboys acting like they are so intellectualy superior to Comic Book Franchise fanboys.

Marketing hasnt gone into high gear it. How do you know it is not selling ?

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

It's not about intellectual superiority, it's about diversity. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

If they were confident in this they would have scheduled it for a screening at one of the upcoming festivals. Zilch.

That didn't occur to me until now. Wonder if this is really why it's not screening or if there could be some other reason.

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

If they were confident in this they would have scheduled it for a screening at one of the upcoming festivals. Zilch.

whut

Probably the film isn't done yet, not to mention it wouldn't really be a festival fit. I mean no one is saying the same for Passengers for instance