A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Cheap substitutes like games? since when has a movie ticket cost as much a game?

When Shay sees movies like 6-7-8-9 times, he's paying more for less time invested than with most modern games.

Video games are at a weird point right now. I feel like they've reached the same plateau movies have - people no longer care about great graphics and the medium is waiting for that next big evolutionary step that gets away from the increasingly tedious 'realistic shooters' that are 50% unplayable quicktime scenes.

Like movies, the more interesting stuff is happening with the indie developers who can sell direct to consumers via downloads.

Video games are at a weird point right now. I feel like they've reached the same plateau movies have - people no longer care about great graphics and the medium is waiting for that next big evolutionary step that gets away from the increasingly tedious 'realistic shooters' that are 50% unplayable quicktime scenes. Like movies, the more interesting stuff is happening with the indie developers who can sell direct to consumers via downloads.

I dunno...given that a lot more money is spent on big budget blockbustery stuff...in both the video game and movies...I guess I don't see how one would say people don't care about the main thing they spend their money on.