Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

First weekend box office projection for India is up. Most sites estimate that it will earn close to 18Cr (3.5M) on the weekend. If that number holds, it would be a bigger weekend opening than TDKR which earned 15Cr (3M). IM3 earned 21Cr (approx 4M) on its opening weekend.

First weekend box office projection for India is up. Most sites estimate that it will earn close to 18Cr (3.5M) on the weekend. If that number holds, it would be a bigger weekend opening than TDKR which earned 15Cr (3M). IM3 earned 21Cr (approx 4M) on its opening weekend.

Great for MOS B) But why BOM has IM3 OW listed at 5.1M?  :huh: Discrepancy? Its total in India according to Rth is 12.4 as of June 2nd, and I can't imagine legs to be that terrible, so the 4M OW you said is more likely to me.

Edited by Sam

Great for MOS B) But why BOM has IM3 OW listed at 5.1M?  :huh: Discrepancy? Its total in India according to Rth is 12.4 as of June 2nd, and I can't imagine legs to be that terrible, so the 4M OW you said is more likely to me.

My mistake. The site I am looking at gives the Nett opening receipts. BOM obviously gets the Gross receipts. The Gross will be greater than Nett (which is the money the studio actually makes). 

BO reporting in India is screwed up.

My mistake. The site I am looking at gives the Nett opening receipts. BOM obviously gets the Gross receipts. The Gross will be greater than Nett (which is the money the studio actually makes). 

BO reporting in India is screwed up.

:lol:

Wow, then the legs for IM3 is not very good. But its total will probably end up slightly higher than TA, both 12M+. What do you see MOS finish with? And wait, does that mean the 3.5M is net receipts as well? So gross should be higher?

:lol:

Wow, then the legs for IM3 is not very good. But its total will probably end up slightly higher than TA, both 12M+. What do you see MOS finish with? And wait, does that mean the 3.5M is net receipts as well? So gross should be higher?

Legs for Hollywood movies in India are never good. Most Hollywood movies finish with a 2.5-3 multiplier at best. And yes, the 3.5M would be net receipts as well.

• Like 1

490 mill? I think that's quite a stretch, but then again I was certain of a 85-90 million opening so what do I know!!

Let's loose a little and be optimistic, come one, you're a Supes fan  :D

Let's loose a little and be optimistic, come one, you're a Supes fan  :D

Sam are you kidding me! I'm over the moon right now! All I ever wanted was for this film to establish a connection with the global market and tell the world that superman is still alive and kicking so a sequel may begin to break records yet I never imagined that a superman reboot would be making over 100 mill OW in the USA or breaking OS records in big markets like the UK, so needless to say my optimism is sky high! But I still think that matching or surpassing an established global franchise like spidy from the get go is little too much to ask, now that the film is very likely to exceed my expectations my new daring target is doubling SR's OS.

With the amount of money they spend on this thing - reportedly close to $400 million including marketing - you would expect it to do gangbuster business. With an optimistic $800 million WW, the movie merely breaks even. Warner probably woulda greenlighted this one even if it did less than expected, as they consider it as an upfront capital outlay. MoS is treated like a 2 hr teaser for MOS2, JL, WW, AQUAMAN, and other DC movies in the future.