film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

yes, considering the excellent response to the film and the fact it was in 3D. It should have made 500m. It actually sold less tickets than Toy Story 2 I believe

Hard to determine for sure, but that seems to be the case.

yes, considering the excellent response to the film and the fact it was in 3D. It should have made 500m. It actually sold less tickets than Toy Story 2 I believe

Nope.

43.87 M TOY STORY

47.84 M TOY STORY ll

52.20 M TOY STORY lll

A bit disappointing for IA but I suppose it could always have a good increase on Saturday and end up in the mid 50 range which would be right on target. Boring TASM number neither great for the loonies or disastrous for us haters. Yawn.

actually a less than 50% drop is very good. Especially considering a certain someone kept mentioning that comic book movies are "frontloaded" and it was certain to drop about 55%..

actually a less than 50% drop is very good. Especially considering a certain someone kept mentioning that comic book movies are "frontloaded" and it was certain to drop about 55%..

I believe I said it was "certain" to not have a sub 50% drop due to being a comic book film which still looks likely, I was merely predicting a 55% drop not saying that was set in stone. Obviously it will hold a little better than that, but it won't hold 45% or anything like some of the loonies were saying, so like I said the number is very yawn-villle.

TS3 just came out two years ago. It's a little silly to worry about something ever being able to reach that level.

yeah, but it was a long-anticipated sequel to two of the most beloved animated films of all time. I am talking about original animated films reaching Finding Nemo and Lion King heights.

A bit disappointing for IA but I suppose it could always have a good increase on Saturday and end up in the mid 50 range which would be right on target. Boring TASM number neither great for the loonies or disastrous for us haters. Yawn.

:rofl: :rofl: :wub: :wub:

I believe I said it was "certain" to not have a sub 50% drop due to being a comic book film which still looks likely, I was merely predicting a 55% drop not saying that was set in stone. Obviously it will hold a little better than that, but it won't hold 45% or anything like some of the loonies were saying, so like I said the number is very yawn-villle.

Actually, it has decent to good shot at a 45% drop. If it follows TF1's multiplier than we're looking 35M+ for the weekend. Friday jumps were very close, TF1 at 69.5% while TASM was at 67.2%. A lot closer to loonies' predictions than haters.

If there was ever an animated movie to beat Shrek 2 and possibly approach 500m/TDK heights domestically, it was Toy Story 3. The fact that it barely got over $400m... it did fine, but it really could and should have done better.

If there was ever an animated movie to beat Shrek 2 and possibly approach 500m/TDK heights domestically, it was Toy Story 3. The fact that it barely got over $400m... it did fine, but it really could and should have done better.

Maybe that's just the ceiling for animation in this day and age. I don't think anyone can seriously say 400m isn't an incredible number, even if some previous Disney films adjust to a lot more. Edited by Hatebox

Maybe that's just the ceiling for animation in this day and age. I don't think anyone can seriously say 400m isn't an incredible number, even if some previous Disney films adjust to a lot more.

Money wise it is still a significant increase from Toy Story 2 adjusted. Edited by tribefan695

ERC is part of nielson/rentrak. They have all the box office numbers.

rentrak is part of nielson ?

rentrak bought EDI in 2010.http://www.rentrak.c...release_no=1045

They have rentrak numbers. That is enough to project. But I agree they SUCK at projection. They dont do a good job at all.

In a nutshell-Rentrak dominated Domestic BO theatre tracking since 2003 in competion with NielsenEdi (which until then had monopoly for 25 years), Rentrak which hadn't been able to make in roads into international(other then couple countries) ended up buying EDI in 2010 which gave them international in a big way and also sent Domestic back to monopoly again.-ERC has nothing to do with Rentrak they are totally seperate companies, ERc started back in 1974, it keeps track of studio reported data & estimates, release schedule data, their own BO analysis, it became a bigger player when John Krier joined (industry ventran) at the age of about 69 in about 1978 and took over the company in 1982 and he was still running it and doing BO analysis etc till he died in about 98 at age of 89. ERC majority of clients are media, some exhibitors and studios use some services.Paul Dergarabedian who started there in the 90's took over from John but later left in around 2006-7 start his own company "media by numbers" later becoming hollywood.com, there was a legal dispute just after he left ERC, ERc claiming he stoll client lists and ERC's BO database and report for his own new company and also subotage stuff at ERC on leaving. a lot of reports etc from ERC/Media by nunbers/hollywood.com are very similar looking. Edited by Rth
  • Like 4