Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think the number will increase. I was expecting weak numbers because of weak matinees but 40 million Friday after 30 million midnights is Twilight territory. New Moon probably had 20%+ more admissions on OD if this number is true.

I hope it can beat the Avengers or miss 400M, so that THG will be no.2 for the year. Anything between 400 and 600 will be too boring.

500m would still be awesome and would put it back to back with TDK on the all-time list. I think that would be pretty cool IMHO.

No fucking way.I'm sorry, but there's just no way to spin it.It made 39.4m after midnights. That's pathetic.

There is no way to prove it one way or the other but the Heath/Joker effect had a huge say in this. TDK had a 3.4 multiplier. That's unheard of coming off an opening weekend. The interest in this just isnt there, not at that kind of a level.

So this did barely above Eclipse post-midnight?BULLCRAP. The shooting has had an absolutely huge effect.

Or it could mean that the Joker effect was bigger than some believed (not just Ledger's death but the Joker being the villain). Midnight grosses get bigger in general, those $30m on midnights might have deflated the Friday daily gross. Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

500m would still be awesome and would put it back to back with TDK on the all-time list. I think that would be pretty cool IMHO.

It has zero chance at 500 mill. Absolutely 0.

So, haters were complaining that the death of HL was the reason why TDR grossed so much, and now the fans are complaining that the massacre was the reason why it didn´t grossed so much. In the end all arguments are invalid, cuz we will never know the truth, to much if and would.

However these are very early, unofficial guesstimates... so it could rise $20-30M to a great OW weekend.OS OW will still be huge though which will make up for this.

There is no way to prove it one way or the other but the Heath/Joker effect had a huge say in this. TDK had a 3.4 multiplier. That's unheard of coming off an opening weekend. The interest in this just isnt there, not at that kind of a level.

Interest not there. Please. That is utter crap.
  • Like 1

I'm very mixed on the film, but this is heartbreaking. No film deserves to have its box office lowered because of an act of a lunatic. I'm really hoping this means its opening weekend is going to be deflated.

I can only conclude that your opinion of the weekend is clouded by your opinion of the film.
  • Like 2

Or no joker and no death of Heath had a big effect.

That's nonsense. Why weren't the midnights effected by no Joker/Ledger? Midnights made nearly 12M yet OD will only be 3M more. Shooting absolutely had a massive effect on OD and there's no going around that, absolutely none.
  • Like 2