Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

TDKR got an 'A' cinemascore, so that bodes pretty well for legs.As for Hunger Games. It's possible. But at the same time, it reminds me of the phenomenon that HP was, where the first one caught the world by storm, and subsequent releases couldn't top the original, at least here in the U.S. Spider-Man also followed the same trajectory to an extent.

Edited by MrPink

TDKR got an 'A' cinemascore, so that bodes pretty well for legs.As for Hunger Games. It's possible. But at the same time, it reminds me of the phenomenon that HP was, where the first one caught the world by storm, and subsequent releases couldn't top the original, at least here in the U.S. Spider-Man also followed the same trajectory to an extent.

Yea it will be very interesting to see how THG series does. Will it be like Spider-man and drop with each installment or will it be like LOTR and increase with each film? Edited by Moviefanatic

I'm not sure if I liked the third act more or the first act more Probably the latter, actually. There were a lot of things I thought were wrong with the third act.

Edited by Heretic

I dont think the Aurora shooting will have nearly as massive of an impact as the Columbine Massacre.

It will, because now there will be copy cats. If someone wanted to take out a large number of people easily, no better way than a movie theater, where it's low on security, high on population, a population that is distracted, and literally, sitting ducks. The Columbine shooting started all of the metal detectors at schools now, all of the psyche evaluations and what not. You better believe it that theaters are going to be pressured into higher security now, after a few copy cats of course, and that that expense will be passed off to the movie goers. Look, AMC has already put a ban on costumes, which is sad. I loved the atmosphere at a big movie event where the patrons dressed up like their favorite characters. The movie theater going even is one of the few places where people of all kinds of backgrounds, cultures, races, genders, ages, can come together, willingly, and have fun, completely color blind.

Story just popped, couple of the survivors bought tickets to finish the movie to show support for the people that got killed in Colorado. This is how you show cowards that they won't win by killing innocent people. Hopefully, more people will show similar courage and not let the lunatic win. :bravo:

Liked and sigged.
  • Like 4

I'm not sure if I liked the third act more or the first act more Probably the latter, actually. There were a lot of things I thought were wrong with the third act.

The movie soared whenever Selina Kyle/Catwoman was on screen. She made the film.
  • Like 2

I know a couple of underclassmen from my high school (just graduated) posted on Facebook that their parents wouldn't let them go see Batman. And if that's teenagers, imagine what parents will say about younger kids. The 17 and up crowd will be jalmost strong as it would have been before the tragedy, but this will lose a ton of younger business.

The movie soared whenever Selina Kyle/Catwoman was on screen. She made the film.

Agreed! I was beyond shocked because Hathaway's take looked mediocre at best in the trailers.

I love how strong her presence was with such little screen time. Throughout the movie I was just itching for her to come back, which, according to Nolan, was what he was aiming for.

Guys this weekend is a bust. It's a shame but there are bigger things going on right now than box office. People just don't want to go to the movies right now. Hoping the legs for TDKR can be strong in the coming weeks.

Its always been about that. News has always been bad. I mean, the phrase "yellow journalism" wasn't coined last week, ya know?

Posted Image

LMAO! Touche!

But surely that's the exception. It's definitely not like now where every other day some big news outlet is apologizing for misinformation.

Guys it's not just about people, who got scared. It killed the buzz and the momentum of the film. The tragedy took over twitter and facebook overshadowing the film. WB stopped ads and the headline in the morning is Batman massacre instead of TDKR breaking the OD record. It has no impact on the hardcore fanbase for sure, but it pretty much killed the momentum that a record breaking film has and destroyed evening walk-ups, which are essential as TA showed us clearly.

• Like 1

My friend in Philly just texted me that they were searching all handbags before you entered the theater. They also had extra personnel on hand. Anyone else heard or encountered this? My showing starts in 4 hours, I hope that's not the case.If theater houses go all TSA on us going forward I'll be seeing fewer movies. One nut job, one, let's not freak out. We have to keep living our lives.

My friend in Philly just texted me that they were searching all handbags before you entered the theater. They also had extra personnel on hand. Anyone else heard or encountered this? My showing starts in 4 hours, I hope that's not the case.If theater houses go all TSA on us going forward I'll be seeing fewer movies.One nut job, one, let's not freak out. We have to keep living our lives.

Apparently they were doing the same thing in Leicester Square Odeon. There are a few tweets that suggest security has been extremely tight there.