CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

I don't see how the film could possibly be 75 minutes when full runtime is 91 mins. It does not have 15 minutes of credits. I don't know how anyone could say it feels like a direct-to-TV movie given the animation quality (some of the scenes in the history timeline at the start are really impressive in particular). Each to their own though.

Edited by Treeth Simanton
  • Like 1

Apparently the film is 75 minutes without credits. I've heard a lot of "feels like a DTV movie" comments from people who've seen it. 

How is that possible with a total runtime of 91 minutes? Not even the biggest action movies with a ton of VFX have credits of 16 minutes. Most of them are in the 7-9 minute range.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/minions-film-0

• Like 1

The only way I can see it being 75 minutes long is if you exclude the narrated opening. Regardless, I have seen the movie and can categorically say that the credits are not 15 minutes long.

This critic basically gives the reason why I have absolutely no desire to see this:

"Look, there's a reason no one eats an entire dinner of cilantro or writes music that features triangle solos. They're both meant to play supporting roles and so, unfortunately, are the "Minions." -

St. Paul Pioneer Press
  • Like 1

This critic basically gives the reason why I have absolutely no desire to see this:

"Look, there's a reason no one eats an entire dinner of cilantro or writes music that features triangle solos. They're both meant to play supporting roles and so, unfortunately, are the "Minions." -

St. Paul Pioneer Press

Minions really comes down to - if you like silent comedy and slapstick then you will love it, if you don't like silent comedy then you probably won't enjoy it. There is nothing in the way of character or story in the film, it's more like a 90 minute standup routine. It's really funny so I don't see the problem with the minions not being great protagonists in a movie.

Minions really comes down to - if you like silent comedy and slapstick then you will love it, if you don't like silent comedy then you probably won't enjoy it. There is nothing in the way of character or story in the film, it's more like a 90 minute standup routine. It's really funny so I don't see the problem with the minions not being great protagonists in a movie.

I liked Minions but I think Shaun the Sheep does the silent comedy and slapstick element aspect much better than Minions although Minions does have some great moments. 

I liked Minions but I think Shaun the Sheep does the silent comedy and slapstick element aspect much better than Minions although Minions does have some great moments. 

I agree, Shaun the Sheep Movie is better.

• Like 1

The only way I can see it being 75 minutes long is if you exclude the narrated opening. Regardless, I have seen the movie and can categorically say that the credits are not 15 minutes long.

I wish the opening wasn't narrated and they just played it as silent comedy like an old cartoon. would have been funnier. though that is still the funniest part of the movie, and it's all in the trailers so whatever.

I wish the opening wasn't narrated and they just played it as silent comedy like an old cartoon. would have been funnier. though that is still the funniest part of the movie, and it's all in the trailers so whatever.

I completely agree. Narration was annoying and undermined the comedy. The movie went downhill from the opening act, and it's frustrating that almost all the funniest moments are in the trailer.