CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

I respect that prediction, but what's the point bringing it up? It remains a prediction, we simply don't know what could have happened, we can't quantify events like this. None of us are in the wrong.

With $30m at midnight, your $200m weekend prediction was a goner. It was headed for $180-185m.
  • Like 1

Media reported that the killer had a Batman costume in his apartment. WTF does that have to do with anything other than the media attempting to link the killings with the movie? Really lame agenda IMHO.

It's the media. It's what they do. I stopped paying attention to there BS a long time ago. They do the same thing video games.

It feels like Batman the character is under assault right now, which is frustrating. The character is anti-guns.

Don't deny that when James Holmes walked into that court room he looked a lot like the Joker, even if the colors weren't right(hair, prison uniform). He also called himself the Joker police say. This dude just made one of the most famous villains in history way more famous, even if in a fucked up way. Edited by Shpongle

Maybe WB should consider in some ads including the "No guns, no killing" line from TDKR.

Unfortunately, I think people would consider it very bad taste to try and work the shooting into their advertising. Even if it was clearly against the tragedy.
  • Like 1

With $30m at midnight, your $200m weekend prediction was a goner. It was headed for $180-185m.

Again, it remains your prediction, not a fact. Many reports suggested 90m OD, which could have been enough for 200m. Xiayun, who's not a bad predictor said 204m after its midnights. It really annoys me when people are claiming statement over things that we don't know. Did you see me saying that 200m would have happened. No. I simply say that it remains unknown.

Beginning to accept TDKR is unlikely to hit $500M+ DOM now because of the shooting. What a shame.Still, $400M+ looks to be very achievable and that is a great final gross and with OS it will go past $1BN+ WW.

Maybe WB should consider in some ads including the "No guns, no killing" line from TDKR.

WB has handled this whole situation with class, there's no need to do that.
  • Like 1

I had the movie making 175/470 with 30 million midnights but the problem for me is that its Monday number was consistent with a 160 million opening and not a 180-190 million opening so you have to assume for now that the lost business is exactly that - lost. If we go with this assunmption then 450 is likely not happening.

That might be the single worst thing they could do right now.

Could it increase today? I just got back from an 11:50am showing and it was just under half full. Good turn out.

Is that good? I honestly don't know because it's discount tuesdays and the summer. I would have thought it would be more full. Maybe it will take awhile for people to go to the movies again. But, when they do, I am sure TDKR will be on their list of movies to see. I expect TDKR to have late legs from people seeing it hat didn't go to see it the first 2 weekends.

Great newsThe Denver Post has confirmed that Christian Bale is in Aurora, Colorado visiting the victims of the last week's horrific shooting.

That's good to hear. Obviously they will be emotionally scarred the rest of their lives, but getting to see him will hopefully help in some way. They were at a midnight showing of Batman after all.

Great newsThe Denver Post has confirmed that Christian Bale is in Aurora, Colorado visiting the victims of the last week's horrific shooting.

I hope they just leave it at this. Don't make it a public event. Edited by tribefan695