mmacader

Tuesday (7/24/12) Numbers: TDKR @ $17.76m

The Watch should do really well judging from the reaction of audiences whenever its trailer is played.

Trailer reactions for comedies don't mean shit. The Change Up received some of the best trailer reactions I've seen in a theater, and the film flopped hard when it was finally released.
  • Like 2

To be honest, those drops for "TDKR" are just ordinary, nothing special, nothing to be excited about and that's got nothing to do with what happened on friday. The weekend was deflated, yes. But now we've got ordinary drops, coming off a deflated weekend and that's not a good sign for legs, unfortunately.

Trailer reactions for comedies don't mean shit. The Change Up received some of the best trailer reactions I've seen in a theater, and the film flopped hard when it was finally released.

Great point. I was convinced that was looking at $100m+, easily.Hope it's the same situation for The Watch! This summer's comedies aren't up to par.

Decent drop and I hope the Wednesday drop is not too severe so around 5-8%.Will take TDKR 6 days to reach $200M which is rather slow but it is all about the LEGS!

Even though the film is having a boring run so far, I do like the fact that WB gave us the IMAX number for Monday. Hopefully they do the same for Tuesday and all other weekdays going forward. Would be cool to be able to follow a film's IMAX total day by day instead of just finding out the opening weekend total and then the final total weeks later.

• Like 1