mmacader

Tuesday (7/24/12) Numbers: TDKR @ $17.76m

I also ignored the original SW films, since those were released in a different era and had multiple re-releases. I just used the SW prequals, making RotS the 2nd highest grossing in the franchise.

Edited by Mr Potter

IMDB is the world's most popular movie site. If there are lots of Nolan fans there than what is your point? All that proves is that Nolan is popular worldwide.

According to IMDB, Nolan has made 3 of the best 15 films of all time. That's a bit much and indicates fanboy bias at play.
  • Like 3

.... Thanks to Puerto Rico. ;)

$198.2m without Puerto Rico. Rises is $198.04m. :P Not entirely fair to compare a Wednesday release and Friday release though, especially not when the Friday release also had a mass shooting at one of its midnight shows. TDKR will pull ahead over the next week. TF2 adjusts to $427m total. TDKR has a chance to reach a similar total.
  • Like 1

$198.2m without Puerto Rico. Rises is $198.04m. :P Not entirely fair to compare a Wednesday release and Friday release though, especially not when the Friday release also had a mass shooting at one of its midnight shows. TDKR will pull ahead over the next week. TF2 adjusts to $427m total. TDKR has a chance to reach a similar total.

I can only hope that such a far superior film over TF2, TDKR, coming off of a far superior movie than TF1, TDK, can beat TF2's $427m... :wacko:

I can only hope that such a far superior film over TF2, TDKR, coming off of a far superior movie than TF1, TDK, can beat TF2's $427m... :wacko:

Transformers is a license to print money, regardless of quality. Just to keep things in perspective: Batman Begins adjusts to $253m in 2012. If you said its two sequels would average over $500m in 2012 dollars, I would have said "that's stunning." And it is.

According to IMDB, Nolan has made 3 of the best 15 films of all time. That's a bit much and indicates fanboy bias at play.

Why do people take the IMDB top 250 seriously? It's literally a popularity contest, it's got nothing to do with what people actually think are the best movies ever made.
  • Like 1

It's a great Tuesday hold, especially considering TDK dropped 14% its first Tuesday, which was already good itself. Of course you didn't have discount Tuesday then either. And like I said I think the people who stayed away this weekend are gradually starting to see it now. However we should be weary of a big drop tomorrow. I wouldn't rule out it dropping as low as the low 13m range, but hopefully it stays above 14m.