mmacader

Tuesday (7/24/12) Numbers: TDKR @ $17.76m

not more than 10 percent of na box office i thinkAlso the watch is 2.5 days from release and not a single review on rottentomatoes

The Watch is hiding more then just some adolescent jokes. ;) Edited by JackO

Even though the film is having a boring run so far, I do like the fact that WB gave us the IMAX number for Monday. Hopefully they do the same for Tuesday and all other weekdays going forward. Would be cool to be able to follow a film's IMAX total day by day instead of just finding out the opening weekend total and then the final total weeks later.

What was the IMAX figure? I must have missed it.......

Crazy that TDKRs second weekend will probably finish only 10m or so ahead of TAs third weekend. :(

Not crazy at all. Clearly the theater has changed since Friday and will most likely suffer for another few months.

Well now, no. But I mean crazy that this is how it all turned out.

I think it's safe to say all movies this summer will see some sort of Box Office Disappointment.

The Watch is going to get hurt because of the Trayvon story that's going on in Florida. The timing is wrong for a movie about a neighborhood watch.

I see your point, but the trailers seem to suggest this is an alien movie, so I do not think the Florida situation will be a factor. "The Watch" will not be any competition for TDKR, but it may be a pleasant alternative and still perform reasonably (around $25-30M). The last comedy was "Ted" and that's starting to age a bit.I fully recognize that the shooting in Colorado is having a box office impact on all movies, especially TDKR. I do think the opening weekend probably would have been a bit higher had it not been for that.That said, after seeing TDKR, despite the glowing comments from some people here, I'm not sure the WOM is anywhere near as it was for TDK. In other words, I don't think TDKR would get to $500M, even if the tragedy in Colorado never occurred.But $400M is an incredible sum and one that should not be dismissed. With the international box office expanding, this film should still make $1B worldwide, just as TDK did. Edited by doctoru2

Is there a way to quantify what TDKR's gross would be if it were in 3D?

Let's see...The Avengers 3D estimates were about $30M... so about 14% of the $207M accounting.So... TDKR at $160M at ~ 14% would be $22M with 3D which would be $182M gross.Don't know if that's how you would account for it though, just my best guess.

Let's see...The Avengers 3D estimates were about $30M... so about 14% of the $207M accounting.So... TDKR at $160M at ~ 14% would be $22M with 3D which would be $182M gross.Don't know if that's how you would account for it though, just my best guess.

Sounds about right, but I am very glad TDKR was just in 2D!

Sounds about right, but I am very glad TDKR was just in 2D!

Every movie I see is 2D. ;)The only movie I've seen in 3D recently is The Avengers...and that was only because all the 2D showings were sold out. Normally I would have gone home...but my group didn't want to wait.

That said, after seeing TDKR, despite the glowing comments from some people here, I'm not sure the WOM is anywhere near as it was for TDK. In other words, I don't think TDKR would get to $500M, even if the tragedy in Colorado never occurred.

I still think TDKR had a shot at 185m OW, and with that a chance at 500m. But I agree, it's way too grim a film to have had TDK legs. I enjoyed it, but moments of levity are few and far between.

If The Watch flops, it could be good news for TDKR. The TDKR will easily make $75M+ if The Watch makes under $20M...

Edited by EaZze