CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Just  watched  several episodes back-to-back and boy...this is way better than last season.   The Skye character has been minimized.  Would prefer she just go away completely, but this is much better.  Got a huge kick out of seeing Coulson dress her down for her typical bratty rebellious attitude.   Also nice to see May pin her against the wall to shut her up too.   They can do that stuff every week.  :D

Really getting interested in the story arc.  Don't know who that tall actress is who just showed up....but she would have made a better Wonder Woman than the waif who was cast in BvS.

That's hilarious because the actress playing Mockingbird is Adrienne Palicki, who was cast as Wonder Woman in the ill-fated NBC pilot a few years back.

Skye has been reined in a little but she's still at the center of the show. She predictably ended up crying and being hugged by Coulson after she went off acting stupid again. What he should have done is rip her a new ass for being an idiot. Frankly, I wonder if this week's abysmal ratings weren't the result of people tuning out once they realized that Skye and her boring "mystery"were the focus. I know I was tempted to turn it off after about 20 minutes.

That's hilarious because the actress playing Mockingbird is Adrienne Palicki, who was cast as Wonder Woman in the ill-fated NBC pilot a few years back.

Interesting! At one point, she pulled out some batons or something and got a really badass look on her face.....cool. Some people can pull off that look and some can't.

Skye has been reined in a little but she's still at the center of the show. She predictably ended up crying and being hugged by Coulson after she went off acting stupid again. What he should have done is rip her a new ass for being an idiot. Frankly, I wonder if this week's abysmal ratings weren't the result of people tuning out once they realized that Skye and her boring "mystery"were the focus. I know I was tempted to turn it off after about 20 minutes.

She is irritating as hell.

Doesn't seem like the focus to me though.   Last season was all about her and it drove me crazy.   Now her "father" is a big part of the plot...but it's more about him than her.   The last scene was a great example.   He shows up at Hydra and talks about....Coulson....after taking out half the room.

• Like 1

As everyone expected they showed the clip of people trying to move Thor's hammer.

They showed a new clip with the show? Twitter didn't seem to react in the least, losing the exclusive trailer premiere and the Marvel event from earlier today completely overshadowed this show.

The most exciting development of tonight's episode:

the city in Coulson's schematic was undoubtedly Attilan, the home of the Inhumans. The Inhumans are a hidden offshoot of humanity created by alien Kree genetic manipulation millions of years ago. The blue alien in the guest house was of course Kree, and the infusion of his blood compelled Coulson and the other subjects to continue to search for Attilan he started. In the comics, the Kree considered the Inhumans sort of like slaves. They were bred to eventually become super-powered foot soldiers in the millennia-long war with the Skrull. The dead Kree may have been seeking Attilan to claim its populace and take them off Earth.

I almost screamed when they showed what Coulson was drawing. AOS instantly became linked to Phase Three, Cosmic Marvel and possibly the Infinity War itself. Well done, Marvel!

• Like 3

That's a dead Kree.

Yes, and after GOTG that should have been obvious even to those who claimed it might not be. Besides, Triton is green, scaly, has fins and webbed feet & hands. The dead alien doesn't resemble him in the least, and he wouldn't turn up dead on the show when he's meant to star in a movie four years hence.

• Like 1

I genuinely feel bad for anyone who bailed on the show this time last year and boasts with bravado it sucks.

They have no idea the fun they are missing due to their own uninformed bias and pride. 

So stoked about where this season is going and how it is part of the whole picture.

• Like 3

The most exciting development of tonight's episode:

the city in Coulson's schematic was undoubtedly Attilan, the home of the Inhumans. The Inhumans are a hidden offshoot of humanity created by alien Kree genetic manipulation millions of years ago. The blue alien in the guest house was of course Kree, and the infusion of his blood compelled Coulson and the other subjects to continue to search for Attilan he started. In the comics, the Kree considered the Inhumans sort of like slaves. They were bred to eventually become super-powered foot soldiers in the millennia-long war with the Skrull. The dead Kree may have been seeking Attilan to claim its populace and take them off Earth.

I almost screamed when they showed what Coulson was drawing. AOS instantly became linked to Phase Three, Cosmic Marvel and possibly the Infinity War itself. Well done, Marvel!

I DIED WHEN I SAW THAT!!! GAH!!!!

Yeah, I can't wait for even more. That was perfection. I like that AOS seems to be showing the future of the MCU rather than playing catchup.

• Like 2

I DIED WHEN I SAW THAT!!! GAH!!!!

Yeah, I can't wait for even more. That was perfection. I like that AOS seems to be showing the future of the MCU rather than playing catchup.

Makes you wonder if Marvel or whoever can almost afford to keep it going almost regardless of ratings just to give the Marvel universe an extra 24 hours of developement each year towards its goals for those that wish to see it.

• Like 1

Do you guys think this will continue after this season? Ratings have been atrocious so far.

Worst case scenario is it gets switched to Netflix with a shorter season order. The Inhumans connection is being built now and with an Inhumans movie now scheduled, they're going to want to continue laying framework for SHIELD, Inhumans, etc.

• Like 1