CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

"Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension was second over the last week with 59,866 new likes. This is about two thirds of the new like expansion that Crimson Peak managed last week which is a bit of a red flag in my mind. Now it is true that the franchise has over 19 million likes so its target audience is quite saturated with its fans (its the most liked horror franchise on Facebook), but on the eve of release I would still expect a larger increase. It would seem as though the glory days of the franchise are behind it and its going to have a hard time even matching the opening of Crimson Peak. We are currently predicting a $11 million opening and $22 million total."

Box Office

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

It will still make a profit. I can't imagine the budget is higher than 10M. The movie is still going to do over 40M OS.

I wonder how much this movie would have made if it was released just after PA3, it would have a shot at surpassing TC's numbers, but now we're talking in a total lower than the OD of PA3........

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

I'm not convinced. They can still be made on a very small budget and earn a lot of money. If a movie grosses 30M in wide release, that isn't usually very impressive. When it was made for a couple million $, it's actually pretty great.

Horror films will continue to attract teen audiences to the cinema. Teens come out for every single piece of garbage horror film that gets shoved in their face.

There's always room for horror at the box office.

Horror is one of the great audience movie genres. You just gotta...sell people on it being...that thing to do this weekend. That weekend being, opening weekend.

Quality is irrelevant.

• Like 2

There's no Katie then???

, you see a little bit of child Katie ( that's in the trailer) but no adult.

I'm probably being a little harsh as the climax was quite good but the build up is so boring. At times you are literally watching people watching the 3rd movie.

Edited by Boxofficerules