AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

20 minutes ago, Iamironman said:

It's opening against dr strange 

Yeah, like Minions came out the same time against Ant-Man......or Frozen against Thor: The Dark World..or better yet....Iron Man 2 against Shrek Forever After. :P

But in all seriousness.....Dr Strange has a different demographic. The Marvel-audience. That's still not enough to completely demolish Trolls. :kitschjob:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Not that this won't be a hit but it doesn't seem like a film that would get a "Veterans Day bump" 

Well for 2015, the biggest Vet Day bumps were for Peanuts, Pan, and HT2, 2014's were Big Hero 6, Alexander, and Book of Life, and in the case of 2011, the last time Veterans Day was on a Friday, Puss in Boots jumped to nearly 275% from yesterday, so...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Well for 2015, the biggest Vet Day bumps were for Peanuts, Pan, and HT2, 2014's were Big Hero 6, Alexander, and Book of Life, and in the case of 2011, the last time Veterans Day was on a Friday, Puss in Boots jumped to nearly 275% from yesterday, so...

Guess families like going out on Veteran's Day. Hacksaw Ridge and Billy Lynn should both do really well over that weekend as well.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Guess families like going out on Veteran's Day. Hacksaw Ridge and Billy Lynn should both do really well over that weekend as well.

I wonder if those two will get Veteran's Day discounts, like when Sony allowed military veterans to see Fury for free on Veteran's Day.

14 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'd argue that happened with Hangover 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2.

Doctor Strange isn't going to be as big as The Hangover Part II on its opening weekend, so I think that's less of a worry. Plus, I'm thinking that a $150m dom performance for Trolls would be a big success.

Edited by cannastop

41 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Doctor Strange isn't going to be as big as The Hangover Part II on its opening weekend, so I think that's less of a worry. Plus, I'm thinking that a $150m dom performance for Trolls would be a big success.

I don't disagree with either point.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I also can see a decent possibility (35% chance) for $150M for Trolls where it acts like how Peanuts did last year along with Doctor Strange acting like Spectre did last year, if it gets great (85%+ RT) reviews. At worst, it could make Turbo numbers if it gets middling reviews (<55%). With it having to deal with DS, Moana, and Sing, I see a high 20's OW ($27-$29M) with decent legs ($100-$120M).

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

The day an animated kids feature is hurt by the release of a live action film meant for and older audience is the day the box office truly dies.

If I can speak in hyperbole for a moment.

Hangover 2 x Kung Fu Panda 2 ? 22 Jump Street x How To Train Your Dragon 2 ?

• Like 1