AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

5 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

Even more hilarious. They should've done what Matt Stone did with the first-cut South Park movie trailer by stealing the footage and holding it hostage until the studio agrees to allow them to cut their own trailer.

I don't know why someone would bother misrepresenting a movie based on a popularTV show

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't know why someone would bother misrepresenting a movie based on a popularTV show

I'm not sure if you're aware of the story, but Paramount's marketing team (according to the audio commentary) cut a trailer that was very much in the vein of comedy marketing at the time, very zany and Adam Sandler-ish with a goofy narrator. Parker and Stone hated it, felt it made the movie look dumb and so they did what they did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

Even more hilarious. They should've done what Matt Stone did with the first-cut South Park movie trailer by stealing the footage and holding it hostage until the studio agrees to allow them to cut their own trailer.

I doubt that would work here. It seems fairly obvious that the teaser has no footage from the actual film.

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

It is nice to see someone on the inside publicly call out marketing like that. I think Jennifer Lee did something similar with Frozen early on

It's pretty amazing how marketing for feature animation will consistently dumb it down and remove any nuance from the final product. 

http://www.thewrap.com/zooey-deschanel-jeffrey-tambor-quvenzhane-wallis-join-trolls-voice-cast-exclusive/

Zooey Deschanel, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jeffrey Tambor, Christine Baranski, Quvenzhané Wallis and comedy legend John Cleese have joined the voice cast of DreamWorks Animation’s “Trolls,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake star alongside James Corden, Russell Brand, Gwen Stefani, Kunal Nayyar, comedian Ron Funches and Swedish electropop duo Icona Pop.

Based on the popular toy line created by Danish fisherman Thomas Dam, “Trolls” follows hardcore survivalist Branch (Timberlake) and Princess Poppy (Kendrick) as they embark on an epic adventure.

Deschanel, Mintz-Plasse, Baranski and Cleese will play the four villains of the film.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I really think that Dreamworks' next three releases can break them.

Trolls November 4, 2016  
Boss Baby March 10, 2017  
Captain Underpants June 2, 2017

KFP3 underperforming will be close to another write-off. Trolls if it flops will not be good for them. Here's hoping Katzenberg steps down or they find a buyer.

• Like 1

DWA could have solid success with this like they did with Home which had a singer involved with it as well(Rihanna), and Jim Parsons(also children were absent from the box office anyway). This could serve as something for the kids until Moana comes out Thanksgiving weekend.